You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Like so many I am new to Affinity, so far I really like it but it is seriously missing some kind of instruction PDF to download. 

I am trying to figure out how to use the flood filling tool. When I click it I cannot see anything to show me how to choose the colour that I am flooding with. Apologies for the really silly question but this is where a simple instruction sheet would be helpful.

Any hints appreciated.  :)

• Staff

Hi Ravenowl,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

There's descriptions and step by step instructions (when applicable) in the Help file. It covers extensively all application's features.

You can find the Flood Fill Tool in Help ▸ Affinity Photo Help ▸ Workspace ▸ Tools ▸ Flood Fill Tool.

Make sure you are working with a Pixel layer type (not an Image layer type). If you layer is labeled as (Image) between parenthesis after the layer's name in the Layer panel, right-click on it and select Rasterise... to convert it to a Pixel layer (so you can edit it at a pixel level).

Then select a colour from the Colours panel to fill with and click over the the pixel layer where you want to fill it. You can change the Tolerance in the context toolbar right above the work area or click and drag on canvas to increase/decrease it (the range of pixels affected).

Thanks for the help MEB. The file you suggested does not open through the link but I've now checked out the help menu. Originally, I put flood fill tool into the help search but but it didn't return any results, hence my very silly question.

Found the menu, its well hidden ;) ! Thanks  :)  Didn't see the wood for the trees. I'll read the lot it seems to be a bit of a user guide, I probably don't need more than what's there for now. Again, many thanks again for the very fast reply!