You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Disable "Dynamic Guides/Node" when editing text

When snapping is enabled and you're editing text (or text tool is active), the dynamic guides will follow the text cursor around making it very difficult and annoying. Additionally, the (green/yellow/red) node on the dynamic guide is positioned directly under the cursor, which is even more aggravating when trying to move and edit. Is there an actual purpose for this?

I noticed this happens with the shape (rectangle, circle, etc.) tools as well. If you draw a rectangle and then move it around the canvas while the rectangle tool is still active, the dynamic guide "node" will follow beneath the cursor around the bounding box. Also annoying.

I can understand how this is helpful when using the pen tool, but I think it should be disabled for editing text and possibly shapes too. For now my only work-a-round is to disable snapping when editing text. But it seems ridiculous to have to do this every time. 

Any thoughts?

@A_B_C yea this really hurts my workflow and patience.

While we're on the topic of "Dynamic Guides" I also think having a separate color (red/green/yellow) for each axis is overkill and distracting. Separate colors have little purpose as you can simply see if the guide is horizontal, vertical, or both.

• 1 year later...