You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Scroll Layers Panel to Selected Layer

I'd like to request that when I select a layer with the move tool or the node tool on the canvas that the layers panel scroll to the selected layer or group automatically so I can easily work with the layer. With lots of layers in the document it becomes a pain to have to scroll to find it or to use "Find in Layers Panel" for each layer I'm working with.

• 9 months later...

I'd like to request that when I select a layer with the move tool or the node tool on the canvas that the layers panel scroll to the selected layer or group automatically so I can easily work with the layer. With lots of layers in the document it becomes a pain to have to scroll to find it or to use "Find in Layers Panel" for each layer I'm working with.

In my work, with a lot of layers with similar thumbnail, this feature could save a lot of time.

And why not implementing it with an ease-in-out or cubic bezier animation to help to understand where you were and where is the context of the selected object?

In my work, with a lot of layers with similar thumbnail, this feature could save a lot of time.

And why not implementing it with an ease-in-out or cubic bezier animation to help to understand where you were and where is the context of the selected object?

It does this already, unless I'm misunderstanding something - select the "Show selection in layers palette" in the User Interface section of the preferences.

It does this already, unless I'm misunderstanding something - select the "Show selection in layers palette" in the User Interface section of the preferences.

D’oh, you are right  :)

Just to be clear, at the time I requested this feature it didn't behave that way. But the fine folks at Serif included it pretty fast!