You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello! I'm using the affinity 10 day trial and it was going great until now.

I first tried using the luminance in the RAW editor of my NEF file to get rid of the noise and it looked great, but after I clicked "develop" it went back to being really noisey and even worse than when I started.

I then tried just using the Denoise filter. It looked awesome as I was choosing the denoise setting, but when I clicked apply, again, it went back to being very noisey. I'm not sure what the problem is.

Hi, this seems to be a recurring problem for people, for me it works no problem.  I can't explain why it is not working for others, which is not very helpful. But i can say that it does work, there again i don’t have any problems with the way develop is working in it’s existing state.  Not perfect but very usable.

Last time I saw a post about this I ran a few tests but didn’t get round to posting. These were just done to play with the noise settings in Develop on a Nef original. I didn’t bother with any other corrections.  Hopefully the screenshot captions are self explanatory.

post-6559-0-39758400-1460143205_thumb.png

post-6559-0-11197300-1460143226_thumb.png

post-6559-0-22329600-1460143255_thumb.png

post-6559-0-36348200-1460143289_thumb.png

post-6559-0-71693000-1460143318_thumb.png

Okay one of those occurrences! I think Affinity Photo is developing into an excellent tool and i really enjoy using it.  But it can be a fickle beast at times, slows to a crawl, becomes jerky and unusable for no apparent reason.  Then hangs and so on but generally an app restart sorts things out.