Playing with some new techniques. I've been sketching directly with vectors and so far I'm happy with the results. What do you think?. Any comment is welcome :)

a5996fcf-ca96-4783-9107-cb422e019503_zps

• Frankentoon - Tutorials and Resources for Affinity Designer

• Get a Free eBook for Affinity Designer - Subscribe HERE

Follow us on Instagram  |  Follow us on Twitter |  Like us on Facebook

I like how the harmony of the repeated rounded-rectangles lends a certain feeling of uniformity, the vertical elements in the main character provide balance between the horizontals employed throughout the rest of the illustration, and especially the punctuation of the semi-circular curve of the arm taking the eye from sort-of centre and leading it into the character's expression. The eyes (those three that we see) really add a bit of humour and create the story.  As retrograde mentioned, your use of noise provides a nice 'finish' to the colouring.  Well done!

I like how the harmony of the repeated rounded-rectangles lends a certain feeling of uniformity, the vertical elements in the main character provide balance between the horizontals employed throughout the rest of the illustration, and especially the punctuation of the semi-circular curve of the arm taking the eye from sort-of centre and leading it into the character's expression. The eyes (those three that we see) really add a bit of humour and create the story.  As retrograde mentioned, your use of noise provides a nice 'finish' to the colouring.  Well done!

... I feel extremely grateful for your comment justwilliam, such a great and kind analysis of the illustration. Thank you for taking the time, I appreciate it a lot!

• Frankentoon - Tutorials and Resources for Affinity Designer

• Get a Free eBook for Affinity Designer - Subscribe HERE

Follow us on Instagram  |  Follow us on Twitter |  Like us on Facebook

The distinct style and execution does make all difference. I really like how you have used geometric patterns/shapes keeping the overall language of the main elements to add details to the illustration. The face, hands, whale details are fantastic. The colour palette is also very well chosen. Thank you for sharing and please keep them coming!