You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there any plans to support Photoshop Plug-ins in Affinity Designer?

• Staff

With such a great integration between vectors and pixels, and since you already support pixel based selections (and pixel based masks (?) - still have to check this one), seems you have covered all requirements to fully support Photoshop Plug-ins.

This brings a world of creative possibilities/adjustments to Designer, and while i understand this feature may be a perfect fit for Affinity Photo, i can´t help but wonder how cool it would be to have support for it in Affinity Designer too.

• 3 years later...

Pixels are discrete quanta in a grid structure. If the grid size changes the quanta are unable to change along with the grid. Vectors are descriptions of patterns; they can change to any size and shape. AD allows me to capture complex figurative objects in one size and manipulate them endlessly without loss of quality (or the lack of it). I don't even miss the current absence of tracing or mesh-fill tool a lot. The vector design possibilities approach the formerly unique properties of bitmap editing at a considerable pace and add other options to that. Quite an achievement by the devs. Not too long ago I considered dropping Windows, because I had found Linux programs that allow me to continue designing, but let this idea go after having encountered AD and AP. Bearing in mind that they're closely chasing the big players and in a number of respects have already overtaken them, makes me confident that future developments will put and end to the monopoly of the competition by delivering great functionality.

Home: https://vectorwhiz.com  : : : :  Portfolio blog: https://communicats.blogspot.com