You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What is the best way to purchase a V2 universal license upgrade

Hi,

I'm interested in the V2 upgrade offer, but want to know the best sequence for purchasing the universal license upgrade, as my V1 purchases are via three different vendors: the Mac Store, iPad app store, and direct via my Affinity account.

Looking through the help docs, it suggests purchasing the V2 universal license upgrade via (an IAP) on the iPad App Store, and then connecting to my Affinity account for confirmation (note, I use different email addresses for the iPad/Mac App Store and my Affinity account). I presume my V2 licenses will then be visible in my Affinity dashboard, and I can then activate the Mac versions that way? Just want to avoid messing this up!

Also, do I need to delete the V1 versions (Mac and iOS) before installing the V2 versions?

Thanks.

40 minutes ago, SFurniss said:

@monzo

You would need to order from us to get the upgrade discount, you just need to have bought or registered one V1 app with us to be eligible.

You can find out more here.

V2 is installed completely separately from V1 so you are free to uninstall your V1 software.

Thanks for the quick reply.

So I presume I could then download and activate the 3 Mac apps via my Affinity account (I purchased Designer and Photo via the Mac app store originally, but Publisher via my Affinity account) instead of mixing and matching between Affinity/Mac accounts, and then activate the iOS apps via the IAP using my Affinity email login details (note my Affinity email is different from my iOS store account)?

I checked and I'm eligable for the offer.

Is this the case?

So I presume I could then download and activate the 3 Mac apps via my Affinity account (I purchased Designer and Photo via the Mac app store originally, but Publisher via my Affinity account) instead of mixing and matching between Affinity/Mac accounts, and then activate the iOS apps via the IAP using my Affinity email login details (note my Affinity email is different from my iOS store account)?

ok, I've bought v2 anyway, too good an offer to refuse. If anyone else is wondering about upgrading from multiple platforms, what worked for me was buying the universal license upgrade via the Affinity store and then installing the desktop Mac versions from there (as opposed from my previous v1 split between the Mac Store and Affinity), and then downloading (the QR code option didn't work) the iPad apps individually via the iOS app store, and activating with my Affinity login (no issues with different Affinity/Apple email accounts).

I've kept my V1 Mac versions installed (just in case), and moved saved iOS artwork into a separate folder to avoid losing it when I deleted the v1 iOS apps.

So far so good, happy with the updates.