You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have opened and am attempting to edit a .pdf file created outside of Affinity Designer (AD) and change the typeface of content in the file to Myriad Pro.

On my computer through FontBook I had 10 Myriad Pro .otf faces enabled: 6 normal width, 4 condensed.

Not all faces showed up in the dropdown menu in AD, and they were mislabeled. So, for example to get the normal width bold I had to select condensed width regular italic.

My guess as to the problem was that there were too many face options for AD to handle. So I went to FontBook and disabled the condensed face options, as I wasn't planning to use them.

After doing this, AD crashes any time I attempt to change a typeface to Myriad Pro. 

In another forum entry, I became aware of the "reset fonts" button in AD under Preferences>Miscellaneous. Clicking that button does NOT fix the problem. Nor does closing AD and reopening, or creating a new version of the file.

CCHDModel-complete-PLv2.afdesign

• Staff

Hi rtloon,

Can you please let me know the version of Designer that you are running and the spec of your Mac, I have tested the document that you provided and I have not been able to replicate the issue that you are have when changing the font to Myriad Pro.

Regards,

Darren

Have you tried checking Myriad Pro for problems using Font Book? To do that, select the main Myriad Pro item in the second column (not one of its typefaces) & then from the Font Book File menu select "Validate Font." You should see something like this:

post-3524-0-77968100-1459849313_thumb.png

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Any further suggestions on how to get AD not to crash when I select the FontBook validated Myriad Pro type fonts, and if that is fixed, to display a complete set of enable Myriad Pro fonts that are correctly labelled in the font option dropdown menu? 

The error message includes the following:

"Application Specific Information:

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '*** setObjectForKey: object cannot be nil (key: NSFont)'
abort() called terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException"