You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How can I reduce the shadows on my images

Plaristo

Hello Masters

Please can you help me with a basic problem? I have over 900 product images that need editing for a website, most of them are of poor quality. To start with I need to reduce the strong shadow created by a light inside that is in many images. 

I have searched the forums and videos but cannot really find a way. 

I attach an image. Many thanks 

Plaristo 

post-29289-0-19168300-1459579641_thumb.jpg

Another way is a sort of dodge and burn technique.

I start by adding a new layer with blend mode set to "Overlay" and filling it with 50%. Then paint on with white (to lighten) or black (to darken) areas. I typically set the brush opacity to about 5% so that the adjustments are subtle. You can always go over particular areas multiple times if needed. And if you lighten it too much, paint back over with black.

Just another option.

I've attached a quick (and I stress quick) example of what I mean (your original is on the left, my adjusted version is on the right).

post-22465-0-87717700-1459685622_thumb.jpg