You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

2017 UPDATE!!! Affinity Designer Essential Training with: Ronnie McBride on Lynda.com

Screen-Shot-2016-03-31-at-2.10.41-AM.png

I am excited to share with you the official announcement of my new Affinity Designer course on Lynda.com. Many of you have been asking for this for some time now since you already have subscriptions with Lynda.com. and this is the first of many to come are now available. The content found here is new and reflect the updates found in the Affinity Designer 1.4 Update. Thank you all so much for your support. I hope you enjoy the content as much as I enjoyed creating it for you!

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE COURSE

Course Description:

Looking for a compelling alternative to Adobe Illustrator or CorelDRAW? Affinity Designer is a powerful and affordable vector-design application mixed with pixel-based texture and retouching tools—all in one easy-to-use interface. It was created with the professional-level features that any artist, designer, or illustrator needs to execute high-quality results.

Here Ronnie McBride introduces new students to the workflows and tools required to get them up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with Affinity Designer's workspaces, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes.  After completing this course, students will feel more confident and proficient at using Affinity Designer in their own work.

Topics Include:

Creating a new document
Setting up margins, guides, and grids
Drawing vector lines and shapes
Using the Pen tool
Creating and editing text
Scaling and rotating objects
Selecting areas and color ranges
Using layer masks
Adding layer effects and adjustment layers
Creating new brushes
Exporting your work

Duration: 2h 37m

Cool Ronnie, I'll have to swing by and check it out.

Funny, I just did an advanced written tutorial for Envato to be posted in April I think. Must be the season. :-)

Hi Ronnie, awesome! I have seen your other beginner course tutorial and it's really good. Could you check the lynda link? appears there's something wrong with it.

Hi Kevin, could you share the link when the tutorial is up?

Thanks a lot.

Cool Ronnie, I'll have to swing by and check it out.

Funny, I just did an advanced written tutorial for Envato to be posted in April I think. Must be the season. :-)

Ahhh, Retro old friend how have you been?! Exciting stuff! I gonna have to check that tutorial out I missed it if you had posted it already. Yes, it is the season indeed!

Hi Ronnie, awesome! I have seen your other beginner course tutorial and it's really good. Could you check the lynda link? appears there's something wrong with it.

Thanks a lot.

Thank you for your kind words and continued support. I really glad to hear you enjoyed my previous course. The link should be fine now.

Thanks a lot.

Will do Crad. :-)

Ahhh, Retro old friend how have you been?! Exciting stuff! I gonna have to check that tutorial out I missed it if you had posted it already. Yes, it is the season indeed!

Thank you for your kind words and continued support. I really glad to hear you enjoyed my previous course. The link should be fine now.

Cheers Ronnie, work has been very busy lately, so I haven't been too active in the forum. Been doing a lot of 3d work as well. 

Looks like you have been busy too.

Cheers Ronnie, work has been very busy lately, so I haven't been too active in the forum. Been doing a lot of 3d work as well. 

Looks like you have been busy too.

Yes, you got that right. I been super busy and have not been as active as I like to be on the forum. Busy good, but I do like helping out when I can. I would love to see what you been doing in 3d. Speaking of 3d I love to get back to doing some that again. Ugh there are only so many hours in a day...sigh 

this is so cool!!!

I ve been waiting a tutorial like this on Lynda forever!

Thank you so much, and i will check out this course right now!!!!

You are very welcome Wilson.

On 31/03/2016 at 0:22 PM, ronniemcbride said:

Hey Ronnie, don't mean to hijack your thread but you can checkout my Envato written tutorial now at:

http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-create-a-detailed-beer-label-in-affinity-designer--cms-26010

or from the the forum thread here:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/19509-new-affinity-designer-tutorial-cowboy-dog-character-beer-label/&p=90636

Cheers!

On 07/04/2016 at 1:02 AM, retrograde said:

Hey Ronnie, don't mean to hijack your thread but you can checkout my Envato written tutorial now at:

http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-create-a-detailed-beer-label-in-affinity-designer--cms-26010

or from the the forum thread here:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/19509-new-affinity-designer-tutorial-cowboy-dog-character-beer-label/&p=90636

Cheers!

No worries proceed with high jacking. lol. It not highjacking, you are sharing good content. gonna check out!. Thanks for sharing.

Ronnie,

Nice—I'm going to watch your training session this morning. Thanks.

Awesome! Thank you for your support! Hope you enjoy! 

Cheers!

• 1 year later...
On 3/31/2016 at 2:13 AM, ronniemcbride said:

Screen-Shot-2016-03-31-at-2.10.41-AM.png

I am excited to share with you the official announcement of my new Affinity Designer course on Lynda.com. Many of you have been asking for this for some time now since you already have subscriptions with Lynda.com. and this is the first of many to come are now available. The content found here is new and reflect the updates found in the Affinity Designer 1.4 Update. Thank you all so much for your support. I hope you enjoy the content as much as I enjoyed creating it for you!

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE COURSE

Course Description:

Looking for a compelling alternative to Adobe Illustrator or CorelDRAW? Affinity Designer is a powerful and affordable vector-design application mixed with pixel-based texture and retouching tools—all in one easy-to-use interface. It was created with the professional-level features that any artist, designer, or illustrator needs to execute high-quality results.

Here Ronnie McBride introduces new students to the workflows and tools required to get them up to speed with this fast, powerful, and professional application. He shows how to work with Affinity Designer's workspaces, called personas; use the drawing tools; and create custom brushes.  After completing this course, students will feel more confident and proficient at using Affinity Designer in their own work.

Topics Include:

Creating a new document
Setting up margins, guides, and grids
Drawing vector lines and shapes
Using the Pen tool
Creating and editing text
Scaling and rotating objects
Selecting areas and color ranges
Using layer masks
Adding layer effects and adjustment layers
Creating new brushes
Exporting your work

Duration: 2h 37m

Hello, Everyone!

I am so glad to be back and to see this community grow as big with so much talent as it has in such a short time!

I just wanted to inform everyone that this course has recently been updated to reflect the current 1.5.5 version of Affinity Designer. If you have taken my previous course then you find new content covering features that were not available in version 1.4. I am currently in the middle of updating my Affinity UX Tools course, so stay tuned for that. if you are new to my Affinity and are looking for a course that easy and approachable then look no further.  Also, in my signature you find a link to receive a 30-day free trial to Lynda.com entire library which is plenty of time to watch my course and a few others. You can cancel at any time within the 30-Day!

Enjoy and if you have any questions feel free to ask me I am more than happy to be of help.

Oh and one more thing this course gives love to Mac and Windows user alike. :) 

• 1 year later...