You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What happened to windows versions of affinity v1 software?

Where have they gone? ;)

In my purchases I have only trial versions links that aren't working and full versions with .dmg download option only. 

Is that an issue with my account only?

That's pops when trying to download Windows trial version (which had option to register it with license key).

image.png.9c83340c0b561b17d839ba6350fb0c7d.png

27 minutes ago, Adam Fischer said:

and full versions with .dmg download option only.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

The Serif staff will be able to look at your account (if it uses the same email you used to register for the forum) and tell, but that description it seems like you only purchased the Mac version of V1 from the Affinity Store. If you actually used the retail version of V1 on your Windows system, perhaps you purchased it from the Microsoft Store instead of the Affinity Store.

If you did purchase from Microsoft, you can still download it from your Microsoft Store Account. This FAQ will provide more information about doing that:

If you used a different email address for this forum account, and for your Affinity Store account, you should probably email affinity@serif.com and ask privately, so you don't have to expose your email addresses here publicly.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.3, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.3.1

@walt.farrell Hello! Thank you for your reply. I am using different account for purchases and I have bought everything directly on Serif's webpage. Originally I have bought Windows versions of v1 apps, then I migrated to mac and now I need to switch back to Windows. FAQ seems to be outdated, there is no option to download v1 windows version at the moment.

I will contact support via email.

Edited by Adam Fischer

19 minutes ago, Adam Fischer said:

FAQ seems to be outdated, there is no option to download v1 windows version at the moment.

No, the FAQ is correct, and my V1 purchases from the Affinity Store are there, for example. My conclusion from the information you've posted so far would be that either:

• You purchased V1 from the Microsoft Store, not Serif; or
  • You have multiple accounts at the Affinity Store, and you're looking in the wrong one.

There have been other users who were sure they purchased from Serif, but later found they had actually purchased from either the Mac App Store or the Microsoft Store. But I'm sure the team will be able to assist via email, so that's the best way to go.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.3, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.3.1

Thanks for suggestions Walt. As I wrote before, purchases were made directly on Affinity Store. I do have access to mac versions, but I recall that I was able to download and use Windows versions in the past on the same license key. I don't remember if that was done by downloading trial versions that could be converted with license key or if there were dedicated Windows binaries available for download.

I have already emailed affinity support.

2 hours ago, Adam Fischer said:

to download and use Windows versions in the past on the same license key.

this was not allowed (license agreement) in V1 to use the same key for Mac and Windows versions. 

In V2 Affinity introduced the universal license covering all platforms.

Mac mini M1 A2348

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.