You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export PDF taking forever or crashing

Dear all,

I have set up an artboard in Designer, that I now want to export as a PDF, as it will be printed as a poster.

Unfortunately the PDF export crashed the program every time and after a reboot, the status bar runs to about 20% and wont move any further.

I have already converted all my text sections to curves, but that won't help either.

The complete Affinity file is 175 MB, so it would be a problem to upload, I'm afraid.  :(

Any idea someone?

Thank you! :)  Hopefully they will find the issue, as I have paid already for the printing and only have to upload the file now.

I use PDF/X-1A, 300DPI, Color Space set to CMYK.

I can make a screenprint of the settings if needed.  ;)

Many many thanks for your assistance, MEB!  :)

In the meantime I exported it as a JPG and sent it to the print shop. But now I have an even bigger problem with the flyer / folder from the same file.

I try to copy and paste it in a predefined PDF or AI file from the print shop. but Designer hangs or crashes each and every time!

I am totally in love with Affinity, but given the actual situation, I can not risk to start any further project, using Designer I'm afraid.  :wacko:  :(

Unfortunately I have sold my Adobe products already...   Argh! Please restore my love for Designer somebody!!!  :P

That is going to be a loooooooooooong night...  :mellow: