You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi guys,

today I wanted to reopen some different files which were created yesterday. Unfortunately today some files couldn´t open through double click the file or inside the the application. Is there any workaround or something else? At the moment I can´t continue to work with "Affinity" if I can´t open my recent files.

Thanks

Btw. I placed in every file a pdf with my drafts. The source were not deleted.

post-1691-0-65061800-1413055285_thumb.png

post-1691-0-30436000-1413055294_thumb.png

• Staff

Can you send one of the files through to support@seriflabs.com please. We will take a look but this is the first time we have had this kind of problem.

Can you also post your Mac and OSX details.

Many thanks,

TonyB.

Yeah I tried to open them, but corrupt here too. Here is an idea. the one with the Pink bottle... have you tried creating a file again from scratch, then at certain points saving as, and keeping a history of each change with a version? Maybe there is something you are doing to the file at some point that is corrupting it. If the first 4 opened, and the 5 onward didn't, you could figure out what you did at that step then try to reproduce that step.

Bryan

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012) // 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 / 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB // OS X 10.11.3 // Affinity Designer 1.4.1

Hi Bryan, 

no, sorry, I don´t work with scratch. I created a new file in affinity designer and only worked with that file. So I could imagine I had some crashes with some files, and had to restart with my work at different history steps. May be is that the problem, at the moment it´s not replicable. But thanks!

After trying to open Affinity Designer by double clicking on one of my files the program crashes and I can not get it to work again even if I try to start the program directly from it instead of the file.  If you need Apples program dump I can send that along.  At this point Affinity Designer is of little use to me since it will not run.

• Staff

After trying to open Affinity Designer by double clicking on one of my files the program crashes and I can not get it to work again even if I try to start the program directly from it instead of the file.  If you need Apples program dump I can send that along.  At this point Affinity Designer is of little use to me since it will not run.

Can you try holding down ctrl when you run Affinity. It will offer to reset and that should get you going again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Same problem. Working on a document for 1 week and now it is corrupted. that's very very bad for production. how ca i get back the file?

If you are using the App Store version then this can occur if you are opening/placing PDF files. Please use the beta version as this has been fixed. We have submitted the fixed version to the App Store but are waiting for it to be published.

If you need a file fixing then please send it to support@seriflabs.com and we will send back a fixed version.

Sorry for any inconvenience.