You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Image Rotation in Develop Persona

How does one rotate the image 90 degrees in the Develop Persona? I have old raws from a Nikon D100 that did not have auto-rotation capability. The only way I see to do it is in the View menu "Rotate Right" and "Rotate Left". These work, but only do about 15-30 degrees at a time. That is a hassle.

There is a video on Affinity TV which clearly shows a set of buttons in Develop for 90 degree rotation for this particular scenario. Those buttons do not exist on my copy of AP, and I can't find any way to create them from Customize Menu.

I really don't want to do my raw processing on sideways images, or have to rotate my monitor. Please help.

Lloyd

Well, no one has replied. But I did mange to find elsewhere on this forum that the rotation function was removed from Develop Persona. There are a few requests for its return in the "Feature Request" section. Add me to that list.

Why on earth would you guys remove that? There is plenty of space on the ribbon for the 2 buttons. I am gobsmacked.

Lloyd

• Staff

There was some issues with the rotate commands in the Develop Persona, so they've been temporarily removed. Our developers will bring them back at a later date when they're working correctly.

In the meantime, you will have to Develop the image and then use Document > Rotate.... in the Photo Persona to rotate the image.

OK. Is the 15 degree rotation that is possible from the menu part of those issues? I don't understand why that would be intentional. I vaguely remember something about redeveloping. If I develop, fix rotation in Photo and return to Develop, am I still working in raw (different than most converters), or is this similar to a Camera Raw filter being applied to a processed image?

Lloyd

• Staff

The Rotate options from the View menu rotate the workspace\canvas for easier editing. They don't change the orientation of the image.

When you click Develop the image is processed. Any further edits in Photo or Develop are done to the processed image.

I just spent at least a 1/2 hour trying to figure out where the rotate tool was, thinking I must be crazy. Now I see there isn't one in Develop, which I find pretty bizarre. Let us know when this is fixed - I guess I won't be using this app to work on anything needing rotation till it's fixed, which is pretty limiting. Hope you sort it out before the end of my trial so I know whether it makes sense to buy - my first impressions, primarily from the tutorials, are very positive but this is a problem.