You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm relatively new to design programs, besides Affinity Designer I've only used Inkscape a few times, so I'm not sure if this is something that is standard/possible.

Is there a way to lock the size of certain objects when scaling an artboard? I know about the lock children option, what I mean is a mix of that: the objects would move as if lock children isn't checked, but their size would stay the same as if it is. I am making a map that will be printed at various sizes, and I want the text, icons, and paths to stay the same size (for example, icons to be 0.5 inches wide, no matter the size of the map). This is doable for paths by unchecking the 'scale with object' option, but I haven't found anything for text/objects.

If that isn't possible, is there a way to set the size of all children of a layer at once? Can I select the layer containing icons and set their size to 0.5 inches without clicking and transforming every individual one?

It's a simple drawing, so if not it's no big deal. It seems to me like this would be a useful feature though, unless there is some way of doing things that makes this unnecessary.

• Staff

Welcome to the forums stephentuso :D

Seems like you want to scale the distance between objects without resizing the actual objects. There isn't an option at the moment to select multiple objects and resize them all to the same dimension. I think you're after a feature called Transform Each - this has been requested several times before and I'm sure that our devs will add a similar feature in the future.

For text and glyphs: When you use Frame Text Tool and the normal scale handles (along shift key to maintain proportions) you will preserve the font size and just scale the graphics:

(Maybe you find a way to insert your icons as a text element - Freehand was able to do so - loved it)

Cheers

P.

post-28670-0-98671100-1459508104_thumb.png