You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

new Sony Camera - a6300 RAW opens but exposure information is not there.

Hi- Just bought a new camera that writes to Sony's new ARW - RAW format - I can open the files with Affinty but the exposure information is not working - they open almost completely dark - The last version of the ARW files from a Sony A7s work as expected. Will this be something that could be updated soon? It is new though - My Mac doen't upport it unless I upgrade to El Capitain - which I read in the Sony forums is supported in that OS.

I´m getting great results with AP (can compare it to C1 and not seeing a difference).

I´ve tried some settings in the develop persona. My personal favorite is 

Serif Engine, Apply no tone curve (apply tone curve works as well though, just a bit saturated which has to be corrected afterwords), Exposure bias - take no action

- raise black point and decrease highlights, >> develop 

add a levels adjustment and use alt + drag to get a clipping preview

LAB mode curves adjustment, lightness channel for contrast

vibrancy adjustment for first color modification

- you can also copy those three as a set from file to file and proceed from there with any further editing

thus I got the results I wanted 

(I´m on 10.11.4 but I think it shoudn´t matter for the Serif engine) 

hope that helps 

Thanks for that info - but not sure if that is the answer to my question. It appears that Sony's newest camera uses a newer version of ARW RAW - When I pull it into AF - the Exposure is way too dark. This doesn't happen with the older version of ARW that I was getting from my older A7s camera. Was wondering if this will be updated soon? It appears Lightroom and Aperture have just updated theirs.