I have found something that is at least strange to me. I don´t have that much experience in this area. When I open a SRW image taken with a Samsung NX3000 it shows different amount of "image" between photoshop and affinity.

Affinity shows some extra "image"/data but it is with some weird purple-ish overlay. Is this something I have done with my settings or something I can do to adjust this? It might be easier to understand by looking at the attached images.

post-29040-0-63334500-1458923525_thumb.png

post-29040-0-92697800-1458923531_thumb.png

From what I can tell from your screen shots, there is more 'extra' image data in the AP version compared to the PS one in addition to what is covered by the purple overlay. It is most noticeable around the tree branches in the upper left corner but there might be a very small amount of extra data on the right as well, judging from the dark spot on the snow at the bottom right.

Assuming that is true in the original app views & that neither image has been cropped, it suggests to me that PS is for some reason omitting a small but potentially usable amount of the RAW file's image data while AP is not. This might somehow be related to PS showing the file as 8 bit color while AP is showing it as 16 bit, but that does not explain why both apps show the same 5472x3648 px dimensions.

Assuming the differences are still there when both apps show the file as the same color depth, something you might try is switching AP's RAW "engine" from the default Serif one to the Apple one to see if that makes any difference. You can do that in the Develop persona's Assistant Manager.

EDIT: I just saw MEB's response in the Affinity Photo opens RAW files in "wrong" dimension topic, which may explain what is happening here.

Edited by R C-R

Affinity Photo 1.7.1, Affinity Designer 1.7.1, Affinity Publisher 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

As explained in the linked post, most apps and even the camera viewer, crop out the very edge pixels by default, as these can contain artefacts from light at the edge of the lens. In Affinity we chose not to apply this 'pre-crop' so you have more flexibility over how the image appears

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com