Brian D

Font family and weight display issue

Specifically for the Gibson font family. It doesn't show the Bold and Bold Italic weights. Instead it mixes up Semibold Italic with Bold, and won't show the actual Semibold Italic or Bold Italic font weights.

For comparison sake, Sketch, Illustrator, and Graphic, all have no issues with this font. It's also legit licenced, and the same issue occurs if use the Typekit version of the font.

This occurs in both Designer and Photo. Once you've selected Semibold Italic, it displays Bold instead and changes the font family from Gibson to "Gibson-Bold"—a font family that doesn't even exist—and greys out the font weight.

I've reset the app, reset preferences, and reinstalled.

post-1225-0-42026700-1458921464_thumb.png

post-1225-0-18271600-1458921473_thumb.png

Hi Brian D,

I've been able to reproduce this using the version of the Font from Typekit so will get it reported to the developers. However to make things a bit easier are you able to PM me a link to the non Typekit version of the font to make things easier for the developers to fix.

Thanks

I'm having this issue with Tolyer No. 1 font family... and others in the past as well...

2017 15" MacBook Pro 14,3 w/ Intel 4 Core i7 @ 2.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, AMD 455 @ 2 GB, 512 GB SSD, macOS High Sierra