You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Google made the Nik Collection free and I just installed it. Very impressive collection. When I installed, it only gave me a choice of Photoshop, Bridge, or Lightroom as the host application. So, I picked Photoshop.

I'm trying to add the Nik Collection as plugins for AP, but nothing I've tried in the AP Photoshop Plugins Preferences panel works.

Shouldn't these be accessible in AP? If so, how exactly do you set it up?

Thanks in advance

• Staff

Hi skiphunt,

Do the following:

- in Plug- Search Folders, set the path to /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015/Plug-ins (yo may need to adapt the path depending on the version of Photoshop you have installed);

- Then click Authorise Global and again Authorise in the new dialog that will open;

- tick Allow Unknown plug-ins to be used;

- press Close and restart Affinity Photo.

Hi skiphunt,

Do the following:

- in Plug- Search Folders, set the path to /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2015/Plug-ins (yo may need to adapt the path depending on the version of Photoshop you have installed);

- Then click Authorise Global and again Authorise in the new dialog that will open;

Hi MEB

I don't have Photoshop on my computer. I only have Affinity Photo, DPP and Apple Photos, which path do you suggest I use? 

Hi skiphunt,

Do the following:

That worked. Thanks! I thought I'd tried everything... but I guess I was wrong. ;)

Are you trying to apply them to an Image layer type? If so, you must convert it to a Pixel layer first (right-click the image layer in the Layers panel and select Rasterize...).

Does CMYK matter? I thought it was because my image was in CMYK, I mostly work in CMYK.

• Staff

Hi killwilly,

That's normal. There's more files identified/listed than the plug-ins that appear on the menu which should be eight.

In the Plug-in Support Folders you don't need to have all that support folders listed. If you clicked the Authorise Global button, Affinity will access the support folders no matter where they are located on your system.

Hi killwilly,

That's normal. There's more files identified/listed than the plug-ins that appear on the menu which should be eight.

In the Plug-in Support Folders you don't need to have all that support folders listed. If you clicked the Authorise Global button, Affinity will access the support folders no matter where they are located on your system.

Thank you for your prompt reply. looking forward to the Beta update sometime in the not too distant future.. :)