You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Google Nik Collection is now free for everyone.

MEB

• Staff

Hi elguato,

Just to confirm: you have  installed the DxO version available from the DxO website correct?

I didn't try their version yet. Let me check it out and i will get back to you. Meanwhile can you also try to restart the system and let me know if it still display the demo/buy message?

Thanks.

11 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi elguato,

Just to confirm: you have  installed the DxO version available from the DxO website correct?

I didn't try their version yet. Let me check it out and i will get back to you. Meanwhile can you also try to restart the system and let me know if it still display the demo/buy message?

Thanks.

No, I had the nik collection since last year and using it without issues. The trouble started today. I downloaded a free version of DxO 11 a few days ago, today I downloaded the film pack trial, not sure if that's creating a conflict. i just now requested a download like from Dxo for the nik suite once more and waiting on their reply

56 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi elguato,

Thanks.

just re-downloaded the nik plugins, but affinity is not detecting them from the folder they were saved at.

• Staff

Hi elguato,

That's because the path in the Plugin Search Folders is incorrect.

Are you sure you have installed the plugins files? If the installer doesn't detect any known host - like Photoshop - it will only install the standalone apps (which can't be used as plugins). So to ensure they are also installed you must create a folder manually and point the Nik Installer to it so install the plugin files there. It's this folder that you must add to the Plugin Search Folders section in Affinity Photo Photoshop Plugins Preferences. Please check this video tutorial which explains all these steps: Installing Nik Plugins (macOS)

9 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi elguato,

That's because the path in the Plugin Search Folders is incorrect.

Are you sure you have installed the plugins files? If the installer doesn't detect any known host - like Photoshop - it will only install the standalone apps (which can't be used as plugins). So to ensure they are also installed you must create a folder manually and point the Nik Installer to it so install the plugin files there. It's this folder that you must add to the Plugin Search Folders section in Affinity Photo Photoshop Plugins Preferences. Please check this video tutorial which explains all these steps: Installing Nik Plugins (macOS)

Hi Meb,

thank you for you reply. I followed the instructions from the video, but affinity still not seeing the plug ins from the folder that contains the suite saved in the desktop, makes me wonder if I have some conflicting folders somehow, I will try to re-install the os and the software to see if that remedies the issue.

will post with an update.

update: re-installed my os nd app and now is working.

thanks Meb for the support.

Thank you very much for your easy tutorial to follow. Step by stepe  running smoothly till the end. If you have some other easy to following tutorials tell me.

I dont have that modern camera Pentax Optio and never take any photos. Maybe I going to buy one pack photos from you guys. Can I do that.

One other thing. My images I create I do in Blender 2.79. Is there any size and dpi and resolution I need to follow to get the best result for Affinity

Skärmavbild 2017-11-19 kl. 06.16.38.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, Need some help please. I installed NIK and it worked fine but after the last update although the plugins activate once they do I cannot do anything at all it's like they have frozen, have to close down Affinity via Task Manager, un-installed and re-installed, downloaded the NIK plug-ins again, I also use Lightroom 6 along with NIK and all work as they should. Wacom tablet is used and  has been for a long time.

Thankyou. Russ

2 hours ago, Russ2 said:

Hi, Need some help please. I installed NIK and it worked fine but after the last update although the plugins activate once they do I cannot do anything at all it's like they have frozen, have to close down Affinity via Task Manager, un-installed and re-installed, downloaded the NIK plug-ins again, I also use Lightroom 6 along with NIK and all work as they should. Wacom tablet is used and  has been for a long time.

Thankyou. Russ

From Facebook. Paul MuddittGroup admin This seems a common way of getting rid of crashes as recommended by Serif,

Launch the app with (control) held down until a Clear User Data dialog appears. Remove the ticks for Don't restore window and documents and Reset Studio. Leave only Clear User Defaults checked then press Clear. This should fix the crash issue.

• 1 month later...
On 2016-03-24 at 8:36 PM, MEB said:

Google has just announced that their Google Nik Collection composed of seven Photoshop plug-ins is now free for everyone.

Click here for more details. You can download them from here.

Currently Analog Efex Pro 2, Color Efex Pro 4, Silver Efex Pro 2 work with Affinity Photo. HDR Efex Pro 2 only works partially.

Hello. Last time I try download and install Niki Collection for free for Mac I have no problem. Now on my brand new iMac there is no more Niki Collection for free when I try to download NC from your link "here" I need to pay???

2 minutes ago, iMacKalle said:

Hello. Last time I try download and install Niki Collection for free for Mac I have no problem. Now on my brand new iMac there is no more Niki Collection for free when I try to download NC from your link "here" I need to pay???

When I click on @MEB's "here" link, it takes me to a page where there is a blue 'Download' button near the top right-hand corner. Clicking on that button takes me to https://nikcollection.dxo.com, where it says:

If you would like to be notified when we release a new Nik Collection, or if you’d like us to send you a link to download the current collection for free, please enter your email address here:

Below that paragraph there is an 'Email address' box and a 'Submit' button.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4 (iPad 7th gen)

5 minutes ago, Alfred said:

When I click on @MEB's "here" link, it takes me to a page where there is a blue 'Download' button near the top right-hand corner. Clicking on that button takes me to https://nikcollection.dxo.com, where it says:

Below that paragraph there is an 'Email address' box and a 'Submit' button.

Thank you very much. OK. I fill in my mailadress and hit submit.

On 16/11/2017 at 5:20 PM, elguato said:

........ J'ai téléchargé une version gratuite de DxO 11 il y a quelques jours, aujourd'hui j'ai téléchargé l'essai du film, je ne sais pas si cela crée un conflit. Je viens de demander un téléchargement comme de Dxo pour la suite nik une fois de plus et d'attendre sur leur réponse

Good morning.  

DxO 11 doesn't have the Nik suite. Free version is Standard and not Elite

Nik in DxO is now called: DxO PL (Photo Lab).

2 minutes ago, owenr said:

Direct link to download for Mac still works:

https://dl.google.com/edgedl/photos/nikcollection-full-1.2.11.dmg

It’s also available from other sources such as FileHippo:

https://filehippo.com/download_google_nik_collection/

The DxO form worked for me. I received one email asking me to confirm my subscription to their mailing list, and a second one containing download links for both the Windows and the Mac versions of the Nik Collection.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4 (iPad 7th gen)

25 minutes ago, Alfred said:

It’s also available from other sources such as FileHippo:

https://filehippo.com/download_google_nik_collection/

The DxO form worked for me. I received one email asking me to confirm my subscription to their mailing list, and a second one containing download links for both the Windows and the Mac versions of the Nik Collection.

All sorts of problem happens to me this morning.

When I hit Preferencebutton Affinity Photos crashed and also Affinity Designer. So I deleted the apps and inside AppStore downloaded them again, but the crashed again when I hit preference button. 

I run on a brand new iMac High Sierra 10.13.3

Why this happen?? and can I solve the problem.

Skärmavbild 2018-02-03 kl. 13.33.45.png

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi iMacKalle,

Launch the app with (ctrl) held down until a Clear User Data dialog appears. Remove the ticks for Don't restore window and documents and Reset Studio. Leave only Clear User Defaults checked then press Clear. This should fix the crash issue. You may need to set up your plugins again after the reset but it should then work without issues.

10 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi iMacKalle,

Go to menu Affinity Photo ▸ Preferences, Photoshop Plugins section, press the Authorise Global button on the bottom right then Authorise button again from the dialog that will open without changing anything. Restart Affinity Photo after this.

Thank you, You solved my problem.

• 2 months later...
On 3/25/2016 at 2:36 AM, MEB said:

Google baru saja mengumumkan bahwa Google Nik Collection mereka yang terdiri dari tujuh plug-in Photoshop kini gratis untuk semua orang.

Klik di sini untuk lebih jelasnya. Anda dapat mengunduhnya dari sini .

Saat ini Analog Efex Pro 2, Warna Efex Pro 4, Silver Efex Pro 2 bekerja dengan Foto Affinity. HDR Efex Pro 2 hanya berfungsi sebagian.

Saya tidak tahu kenapa? Tapi saya rasa saya tidak menemukan Nik Collectioon. Mohon bantuannya

image.thumb.png.77ac7cfde6431f269505d01e6ea01c0e.png.