You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I currently use Photoshop but I am hoping that the new Windows based version of Affinity photo will be a replacement for it. 

As an artist I frequently scan my drawings which I then have to clean up in PS to remove paper texture/discolouration. 

In order to do this I currently use the Select > Colour Range feature in PS and then select the paper colour i.e. white which I can then delete and using an additional layer filled with a white background I have a perfectly sharp and clear ink sketch.

It is essential for me to be able to have this feature for my work because it is a massive time saver and without it I would not be able to produce a clean image from my scanned artwork.  Will this feature be available in your new Affinity photo or am I going to be stuck with Photoshop?

Because this work sequence is difficult to explain I have attached a sketch which I hope will clarify what I need to be able to do with my scanned artwork.

post-29007-0-96953300-1458830898_thumb.jpg

Thanks PixelPest and MEB that sounds hopeful, do you know how accurate it is, will it leave the finer line marks or is it a bit of a blunt instrument.

As soon as there is a Windows trial version I will test it out.

Thanks again :)

Allyson