You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Banner for press release

cjp

I like the atmosphere! I like the idea of the see through letters. 

I would make them even more transparent so it would be more apparent. (Maybe the letters should be bigger also, if you want the transparent look?)

On the picture I would use the inpainting brush to get rid of the straws in the foreground. They are a little distracting.

And the jagged edge on the banner isn't adding to the look. 

This is only my uneducated opinion. You are certainly on to something here. 

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

I like the atmosphere! I like the idea of the see through letters. 

I would make them even more transparent so it would be more apparent. (Maybe the letters should be bigger also, if you want the transparent look?)

On the picture I would use the inpainting brush to get rid of the straws in the foreground. They are a little distracting.

And the jagged edge on the banner isn't adding to the look. 

This is only my uneducated opinion. You are certainly on to something here. 

Thank you!

Will try that tomorrow! I'm not at all educated at all regarding design in any matter. I'm just a amateur photographer. That's why all input is appreciated :) 

I don't like the edge either. Do you, or anyone else, know how to make the more smooth?

And I'm sorry for the broken English. 

I'm absolutely not sure. I suspect your picture has a very low resolution so the stroke gets pixelated.

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

Looks like a great start. I'd maybe make the green banner very slightly transparent with an opacity of 80-90%. Dunno. Play about with it and see how it looks. In regards to the outline, I'd either have one thats a bit thicker and more obvious or don't have one at all. Whatever you think looks best.

I'm certainly no designer, just throwing my 2 cents into the ring....

George

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at https://www.eejits-online.co.uk/shop

• 2 weeks later...

I'd recommend you bring in the edges of the banner closer to the wording, there's a little too much space on the sides, it's dominating the image, but not in a good way. I would also recommend removing the outer glow entirely. Also rounding the tips on the banner, taking it a little further away from a primitive and matching the feel of the type a little more.

By the way, it would be very important to know, which product (or service) this banner is intended for. In my opinion, your design is a great starting point, but that would be certainly the first question that needed to be answered in order to make further and more in-depth suggestions …  :)

Thank you!

Will try that tomorrow! I'm not at all educated at all regarding design in any matter. I'm just a amateur photographer. That's why all input is appreciated :)

I don't like the edge either. Do you, or anyone else, know how to make the more smooth?

And I'm sorry for the broken English.

Usually I watch youtube videos to related topic, it helps a lot!