You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem with resizing images in workspace

Hi, I have a problem while resizing images in Affinity Photo. Probably I am just doing something wrong because I was used to use Adobe Photoshop and Affinity works a little bit differently in some ways.

My problem is that when I import some picture into my workspace (by copy-paste) and I'm trying to resize this image it always loose it's quality and has wavy edges. When I export it to jpg or png it seems ok but in Affinity it looks bad (see the screenshot). It is very complicated for me to work with images in bad quality - is it some kind of setting or is it a mistake in program? Is there any way how to turn it off?

Thanks for the advise.

post-28989-0-12458200-1458766400_thumb.png

PERFECT! Thank you so much - that's what i need! :-)

Just one more question regarding resizing:

When I'm resizing the image and want to save the proportions I usually hold CMD and resize the image by dragging the corner. But sometimes I need to hold CMD+Shift. Is there any reason why? And is there any difference between these two shortcuts?

• Staff

You're welcome  ^_^

When resizing objects in Affinity that have an intrinsic aspect ratio, like images or text, you do not have to press any shortcut by default. For all the rest you have to press ⇧ (shift) to keep their proportions.

If you prefer to always press ⇧ (shift) to constrain by default (or the opposite) no matter the type of object selected, you can change this behaviour in Affinity Photo ▸ Preferences, Tools section, Move Tool Aspect Constrain dropdown.

If you press ⌘ (cmd) + ⇧ (shift) the object will resize from its center (you may only have to press ⌘ (cmd) depending on the setting chosen in the Move Tool Aspect Constrain option mentioned above).