I'm interested in this topic too as I'm partially desperate for TGA file export support and intend to give it a try with self-written plugin for exporting to TGA on windows.

You mentioned the Adobe Photoshop SDK support as still in development.
Could you point out some more information about which version of the SDK will be most likely to work properly (on the Adobe SDK page there are numerous SDKs available).

As already suggested on other threads, is there any documentation about the supported APIs or some sort of compatibility map so I can get a glimpse on what I can expect to use from the Photoshop SDK and what I can most likely expect to fail?

Best regards

Tobias

From a non-programmer point of view, it might be worth looking at which plugins work and which don't and finding out how those were implemented, you might find some common ground. There is a basic plugin compatibility page which might be a good starting point: http://www.miguelboto.com/affinity/photo/plugins-support/

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo & Publisher - Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Hello,

thank you both for your fast responses to my questions =).
@MEB: is there any plan for Affinity Photo/Designer to allow broader support of custom plugins, especially for APIs for pixel access?

At the moment I'm stuck with using other tools like GIMP or Krita which themselves are not perfect in regard to TGA file support.

On 1/2/2019 at 8:59 PM, MEB said:

Hi Irmunsul,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Currently Affinity apps only support basic image filter plugins. Any other type of plugins (or plugins relying on automation) are not supported so currently it's really not possible to develop an export plugin for Affinity apps no matter the version of SDK used.

I'm looking to move from Illustrator to Designer, but export plugin support is essential. Signcut (vinyl cutting software) are willing to create an export plugin for Designer, but they need an SDK to do so.

Been over a year since this topic was first mooted. Is there any ETA for when the Affinity apps will support plugins?