Jump to content
You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Completing my fanfiction composite - Creating a rain/storm Effect, adding a vehicle


SolidSnake2003

Recommended Posts

Some notes:

1. I like the fact that the dog and the woman seem to be looking in the same direction at something offscreen

2. You seem to have introduced 2 anomalies into the scene (see screenshot below)

3. I think the handbag in the ambulance looks a little out of place

4. After the lady's face swap, I assume you just intend to add the father into the scene to complete it. If so, then that's the point where you need to do the final tweaks and blend everything together.

Looking forward to seeing the final composite

 

 

anomilies.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, carl123 said:

Some notes:

1. I like the fact that the dog and the woman seem to be looking in the same direction at something offscreen

2. You seem to have introduced 2 anomalies into the scene (see screenshot below)

3. I think the handbag in the ambulance looks a little out of place

4. After the lady's face swap, I assume you just intend to add the father into the scene to complete it. If so, then that's the point where you need to do the final tweaks and blend everything together.

Looking forward to seeing the final composite

 

 

anomilies.jpg

@carl123 I have erased the two anomalies that were left over from the initial erasing, and refining the edges a little to make it blend it better. The hand bag was added because its stuff for Georgie at the hospital, and I couldn't get the bag into the hands of either parent without the A.I,s adding weird things like extra hands, and other anomalies. Any advice on how to make it blend better? Yes I am planning on adding the father I may add more to the mother, but just depends on if I can get the outfit right with A.I. Other parts I have to finish is completing the lights on the ambulance, adjust the lighting coming from the policeman's flashlight so that it blends with the paramedics,

 

Another part I'm unsure of if I should add or not is any light rays coming out of either the ambulance and the lighted windows of the house. Kind of like the lighting effects in this composite by Jeff Chapman: https://www.deviantart.com/jeffach/art/Night-of-the-VHS-with-process-video-920695562 as well as this photo composite created by Andre Boto where he created this video on how he did it I would also love to create the rain splattering effect he did as well as the water droplets, but I don't have a tablet, and don't think I could draw them effectively.: 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, SolidSnake2003 said:

The hand bag was added because its stuff for Georgie at the hospital,

If I was Georgie's mum, I would pack his clothes into his rucksack or school bag (as she would if he was going on a trip somewhere).

It may be a bit embarrassing for Georgie to have a handbag in hospital

 

rucksack.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The woman's face looks blurred/unsharp and a little bit strange in contrast to the rest of her (hands, coat, umbrella). Probably has to be skewed a little bit more sideways and also to be resharpened (or instead the rest ob the body has to be blurred accordingly to match the face).

face1.png.86500f5092ec9eafcfb47599a836b7dc.pngface.png.124b3fc2c1698f97c1a81c4514f9dd91.png

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

She may also have one too many digits on her right hand

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

The woman's face looks blurred/unsharp and a little bit strange in contrast to the rest of her (hands, coat, umbrella). Probably has to be skewed a little bit more sideways and also to be resharpened (or instead the rest ob the body has to be blurred accordingly to match the face).

face1.png.86500f5092ec9eafcfb47599a836b7dc.pngface.png.124b3fc2c1698f97c1a81c4514f9dd91.png

Would this image work better if I find a bigger one?

 MV5BMTkzMzM2OTI0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDM3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, carl123 said:

If I was Georgie's mum, I would pack his clothes into his rucksack or school bag (as she would if he was going on a trip somewhere).

It may be a bit embarrassing for Georgie to have a handbag in hospital

 

rucksack.jpg

 

18 minutes ago, carl123 said:

She may also have one too many digits on her right hand

@v_kyr @carl123 This is the base image I used for the face, its a screenshot from a movie with her that i have:

vlcsnap-2023-10-17-01h40m59s404.png.9b031122afd27bd7921b8c7d8c4b2907.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, SolidSnake2003 said:

Would this image work better if I find a bigger one?

Why don't you try first to alter the image accordingly, instead of looking for something else as a replacement?  AFAI recall and see in this thread, so far every other replacement image changes brought you always into new other problems (...lighning, orientation, ... etc.) and that way you will probably never finish this scene then.

rucksack2.thumb.png.b4f1484e3194df52fddc0bcbd12c6e07.png

 

BTW what was wrong with the first woman's face (the AI generated one), that looked good to me for this scene? Meaning why swapping faces?

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, v_kyr said:

Why don't you try first to alter the image accordingly, instead of looking for something else as a replacement?  AFAI recall and see in this thread, so far every other replacement image changes brought you always into new other problems (...lighning, orientation, ... etc.) and that way you will probably never finish this scene then.

rucksack2.thumb.png.b4f1484e3194df52fddc0bcbd12c6e07.png

 

BTW what was wrong with the first woman's face (the AI generated one), that looked good to me for this scene? Meaning why swapping faces?

@v_kyr Because I picked actors to play the parent characters in the story, and I wanted their faces to be consistent. I'm not planning on illustrating every single scene of the story, this is just the biggest one I have to invent because there is no corresponding scene from either movie to work with. Plus changing the parents actors because there was just a couple of scenes with them in the final cut of the first one, a couple of deleted scenes from the first one, and none in the second to my knowledge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks better. - Though I can't help, with the changed face the woman's head looks somehow proportional bigger to the body than before or it really is ...

face-to-face.png.9e58e32d28a0e775572477b758395b3f.png

... maybe it's due to eyes/nose/mouth sizes here which seem to be slightly huger than before and give that visual feeling???

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, v_kyr said:

Looks better. - Though I can't help, with the changed face the woman's head looks somehow proportional bigger to the body than before or it really is ...

face-to-face.png.9e58e32d28a0e775572477b758395b3f.png

... maybe it's due to eyes/nose/mouth sizes here which seem to be slightly huger than before and give that visual feeling???

@v_kyr Here is a new preview where I started over on replacing the face, haven't finished all the editing, but just making sure I've got the size right, and using the hair of the new image to help hide things since the hair is the same color:

chap02_denbrough-house_ambulance_preview31.thumb.jpg.8474dc9fe49c4efa315c480db89afcf9.jpg

Hope you like the new version

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SolidSnake2003 said:

Hope you like the new version

Yes, looks face proportion wise (eyes/nose/mouth) much better.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

Now it's time to get rid of the white shape for the guy to the left.

And that annoying extra finger on the umbrella

 

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, SolidSnake2003 said:

How can I get rid of that finger and still keep that she's holding the umbrella?

Just draw over that finger (in case the one is meant I removed) with a brush (pick up the color from the ambulance) and fine tune any left over portions with the healing tool (brush).

guy_left_and_finger.thumb.png.48758abd5fd004c1fc41d8e25c233aa0.png

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, v_kyr said:

Now it's time to get rid of the white shape for the guy to the left.

guy_left.thumb.png.c098a12a3dd9ee7008695cf4196b5b2c.png

 

2 hours ago, carl123 said:

And that annoying extra finger on the umbrella

 

 

2 hours ago, v_kyr said:

Just draw over that finger (in case the one is meant I removed) with a brush (pick up the color from the ambulance) and fine tune any left over portions with the healing tool (brush).

guy_left_and_finger.thumb.png.48758abd5fd004c1fc41d8e25c233aa0.png

@v_kyr @carl123 @firstdefence @iconoclast Here is a new preview of the composite where I got rid of the extra finger, got rid of the trapezoid shape, and added a transparent light fixture to the lawn in front of the paramedics, does this work for adding lighting?

chap02_denbrough-house_ambulance_preview33.thumb.jpg.95f854ea31e48b0623bb52b1ce3c28c1.jpg

Hope you all like this verison

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The helmet looks strange, has a plant reflection and on the dog the writing next to it has to be removed.

helmet.png.4aae155eda229779e1b756369941d0ef.png

dog.png.e1c45d2235010f70e16af19f1ff967b6.png

Other than that looks Ok so far to me.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, v_kyr said:

The helmet looks strange, has a plant reflection and on the dog the writing next to it has to be removed.

helmet.png.4aae155eda229779e1b756369941d0ef.png

dog.png.e1c45d2235010f70e16af19f1ff967b6.png

Other than that looks Ok so far to me.

@v_kyr @carl123 @firstdefence @iconoclast Here is a new preview of the composite. I have removed the text from the light stand that is behind the dog, I have also fixed the mask around the police officer with the flashlight who is now the father. I have added light to the light stand, the flashlight, and added lights to the ambulance. I followed the look from a picture from an article on a website:

chap02_denbrough-house_ambulance_preview34.thumb.jpg.459c12f1af731924289f1883982db77d.jpg

Hope you all like the new preview.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Things are improving, but... The lamp has the wrong perspective and is in the wrong position, the lamp looks like you are looking at it from below.

See a few notes in this image.

image.jpeg.502d08a1c2e83b6d7228c00538b5507e.jpeg

I would remove the dog, it's not working as far as I'm concerned, the face on the woman looks too big and it seems out of sorts, it's one of those situations where you can't quite put your finger on it but it looks odd. 

This lamp has better perspective.
Lamp.thumb.jpg.d3631be517d03a7a19ea3a8ff5785d0e.jpg

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.