You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Colour Shift when opening Photoshop File

Hi, I have searched for this answer but cannot locate it. When opening a psd file in Affinity, the colour shifts to a warm orange/red hue compared to photoshop. Exporting to photoshop is fine-it opens with the correct colours but open again in Affinity and the colours shift back again.

The original file has Adobe RGB (1998) embedded 

I have checked preferences and this is also shown as the colour profile in Affinity.

Its almost like it is applying a totally different colour space.

Clearly I have missed something but don't know what

Appreciate any advice

Rgds

Tony

HI, Having posted this, I then searched under Eizo as I noticed that on my laptop screen the problem wasn't apparent. Low and behold the answer was in the forum already! Yes, I can see now that to use this with an external monitor I have to mirror display and open on the monitor.

That's not the end of the world but would be better without this step

Regards

Tony

there is a better solution, try this:  open sys pref go to the  monitor pref  tab where you can  arrange monitors.  move the little white bar on top from one screen to the other.  restart AP now.