You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

My apologies in advance if this feature is already part of Affinity Designer. Is there a way to create templates in Affinity?

For example, is it possible to preset the background size and resolution settings and then save the settings for future use?

For example, a website setting for 1070px by 800px at 72dpi and then be able to save it as "website-1070" for future use?

And thanks again for all the help I have received from this forum.

- - - WiLd

Multiple templates would be grand!

FreeHand has only the one “default” template for New Documents, but I can save FreeHand files (FH11) as templates… there just isn’t a “Template Palette” or window that displays a thumbnail and name of the template… instead, it only lists the files you have saved to a specified folder.

Apple’s iWork suite — Pages, Numbers and Keynote — have nice template selection windows, which can be set to auto open when you start the apps or not.

Adobe has a separate app — Bridge — that allow you to organize files and your own “template” files for Photoshop, but it annoys me that I cannot view template previews in Illustrator or InDesign (CS4).

My vote is for a scalable thumbnail view of templates in a separate window — if you allow us to create our own templates, that is.

AND, a Template Folder that goes where the application keeps necessary files, so that it is difficult to delete a template… nothing like setting up a template only to accidentally delete it… or overwrite it… without the app double-checking with you, i.e.:  “Are you SURE you want to delete this file?"

-GenoaJenn

——————————

Jenn in Genoa

As said, I think that might all be accomplishable via new files and a nice own folder (I use adripbox for this to have the templates on both my machines).

However, If Serif decided to have a template folder it should be accessible for the entire suite (Designer, Photo & Publisher) and needs to be located in iCloud. This folder could be extended to also home custom brushes, colour palettes / swatches, Symbols, a users software settings and other interesting stuff -- IF they do it, it should be done RIGHT in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...