You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo: Solid Foundations, a 7.5 hours beginners course

** 50% off with until 4th April 2016 with this coupon - IntroPromo **

Here's the link - https://www.udemy.com/affinityphoto-solid-foundations/ . Just underneath the box that says take this course, there's a message that says 'redeem a coupon'. Enter 'IntroPromo' in the box that pops up.

So far over 4,500 of you have seen my other post about 3 tutorials for beginners - well this course goes much deeper and much further. As well as the 5 stages I spoke about on my YouTube videos (but in much more detail on the new course) I also cover tools and techniques that professionals use. I've been a designer for the best part of 30 years and in that time I've come to realise that there's a good way and a bad way to use the tools in any image editing program. It's this experience I aim to pass on to you. This is a 7.5 hour long, 50+ tutorial Affinity Photo course aimed at beginners. For an overview check this out - https://youtu.be/iSNpq01n3HQ 

I'm aiming to give you the knowledge and the confidence to make your photos shine. I know what it's like opening up a new and complicated program and wondering what on earth you're supposed to do. I created this course bearing that in mind. I also aimed to cover all the bases a beginner needs.

Please note that I did not cover developing Raw files. The reason for that is because most beginners won't be using Raw files, so it didn't seem appropriate to charge for that. Instead I've charged less money for this course and I have the Raw development series in development now for which I'll charge a lower price upon release. So if you end up getting both, you'll end up paying the same amount you would have paid if I'd grouped them both together and charged more.

Hello,

I took a look at your course and I'm impressed. Great job!

However, do you offer the download of the images used on the course? If not, I'm afraid that makes hard for beginners to follow the course.

Thanks

Hi Drippy Cat,

I'm just going through your tutorial video's. Under "First things Firs"t you seem to have parts 3 & 4 the wrong way around (What is a layer and an Overview the editing process) i think. No major problem just a heads up. Unless of course i'm wrong lol. 

Hello Simon,

I have just completed your excellent course. Well impressed with the information and presentation. I gave it a 4* review, which would have been 5* if the videos were available to download. Living in a village not well served with internet access means it is so much easier to download and re-watch videos stored on your computer, rather than online.

Best wishes

Gramondo

Affinity Photo 1.6.7
Affinity Designer 1.6.1

MacBook Pro 16GB 
High Sierra 10.13.4

Absolutely fantastic. I would argue that beginners and intermediate users of A.Ph. alike would benefit greatly from this course. You have a very straightforward and  comfortable style that comes from subject mastery, and I found that I learned a great deal even in areas I wouldn't have considered myself a beginner. I look forward to more of your courses.

Hello drippy cat...Just finished your course and liked it very much. Only 2 complaints, neither of which I believe are your fault and that is probably not a discussion appropriate for this forum but I can't seem to get a response from Udemy. Maybe it's the holiday.

When will you offer full color management tutorial?  Sad to say, I find color management in AP is non existent.  If it is there, I appreciate knowing where correct and complete color management is.

Kind Regards,

David

Drippy cat I'm glad to hear you have made them aware of this. I have to watch my courses using Firefox which I would prefer not to do. Hopefully they will get it sorted out. Thanks again for an informative course. I look forward to a more advanced course should you decided to do one.

Just bought the course (I watched all your youtube channel videos), I'm going to to try out more in-depth lessons when I have free time.

One problem, it seems that viewing on my iPad 3 gives a very low resolution (Udemy app) (240p i guess), i can't seem to find a way to switch to higher resolution, I'll be appreciate if anyone could point me a way.

Thank you, Simon, for informing this forum of your course. 

It's just what I was looking for. 

The tutorials all assume a level of knowledge that I don't possess. 

I have left you a glowing review on Udemy. 

I am still working through it, but I've no doubt that I will enjoy any further courses you care to create. 

Hi, download the Udemy app , go to your courses and away you go. I am using an IPad mini which is not really big enough, I cannot get the large IPad off my Wife so I am thinking of treating myself to a new IPad Pro

Dave

Hi,  I very much want to be able to take this course, however the UDEMY site could not process my payment, from a card I use for everything else, including online purchases from this same computer.  I loaded the Udemy app on my iPad thinking that I could get it via an in-app purchase, but when I searched for your course, it was no-where to be found from within the app.  However, other Affinity related courses were.  If you wouldn't mind talking to them, as soon as I can find it within the app, you'll have sold another.  The regular web purchase failed in a manner that left me disinclined to attempt it again.

Thanks

@Edr - I'm sorry to hear you've had such problems with this. I do find it odd that my course won't show up when other courses do. Maybe it's because it's a newer course and hasn't been registered in that section yet? But I'm just speculating here. But I'll get onto them about it and if I have anything that can help you I'll post it here.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to view this online course. Dowloaded the Udemy App to my iPad but "Affinity Photo Solid Foundations" does not show up when I search. I then looked at every thing Affinity Photo in the search bar brought up and still cant find it. Seems like the issue would have been resolved by now?

Hi PhotoNewbie. Sorry to hear about your problems. No; really, I am sorry and rather annoyed about ti since you're not the first person to have had these kind of problems. Unfortunately I jave to get a ticket and stand in line along with everyone else. I'll get onto it though and see if anything can be done.