You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo: Solid Foundations, a 7.5 hours beginners course

Hi PhotoNewbie. I've just received this reply from Udemy:

'Thanks for your message. I apologize for any frustration this has caused. Unfortunately, there is a lag between when a course is approved for the Udemy marketplace and when it appears on mobile. This is due to Apple’s approval process for courses submitted to their marketplaces.

Apple do not provide a timeline for when a specific course will be available and the time needed to approve a course on their system can vary. Could you please tell your student to purchase the course on Udemy.com and the course will be added to his account on his mobile devices.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let me know if I can help further.'

To be fair, when I was submitting apps to the Apple store there was a delay while the appraised it, although usually I got the approval within a week. maybe larger video courses take more time because they have to watch the lot in case there are undesirable parts hidden away.

I hope some of that helps...

** 50% off with until 4th April 2016 with this coupon - IntroPromo **

Here's the link - https://www.udemy.com/affinityphoto-solid-foundations/ . Just underneath the box that says take this course, there's a message that says 'redeem a coupon'. Enter 'IntroPromo' in the box that pops up.

So far over 4,500 of you have seen my other post about 3 tutorials for beginners - well this course goes much deeper and much further. As well as the 5 stages I spoke about on my YouTube videos (but in much more detail on the new course) I also cover tools and techniques that professionals use. I've been a designer for the best part of 30 years and in that time I've come to realise that there's a good way and a bad way to use the tools in any image editing program. It's this experience I aim to pass on to you. This is a 7.5 hour long, 50+ tutorial Affinity Photo course aimed at beginners. For an overview check this out - https://youtu.be/iSNpq01n3HQ 

I'm aiming to give you the knowledge and the confidence to make your photos shine. I know what it's like opening up a new and complicated program and wondering what on earth you're supposed to do. I created this course bearing that in mind. I also aimed to cover all the bases a beginner needs.

Please note that I did not cover developing Raw files. The reason for that is because most beginners won't be using Raw files, so it didn't seem appropriate to charge for that. Instead I've charged less money for this course and I have the Raw development series in development now for which I'll charge a lower price upon release. So if you end up getting both, you'll end up paying the same amount you would have paid if I'd grouped them both together and charged more.

Hi Simon,

Just downloaded Affinity and joined the forum today...thought might be a good idea to start from some basic tutorial like yours. However, sadly found that the promotion is over. Can you offer again to new comers like me? 

thanks! 

KXPP

Hi KXPP. I'm currently developing the Raw course. When it's released I'm planning on a new offer on the Solid Foundations course to celebrate. I'll have to look up the conditions Udemy apply on how many sales promotions I'm allowed to do in a set period of time. But all being well, I'd like to get the new course and the promotions out by the end of May.

Hi all,

To celebrate the launch of the new video series about Raw Development over at udemy.com, I've discounted both the existing and the new courses.

The discount code for Affinity Photo: Solid Foundations is  'HoorayForRaw' (no quotes)

The discount code for Affinity Photo: Raw Image Development is 'AffinityRawPromo' (no quotes)

both are valid until the end of May, 2016

The tutorial link for Affinity Photo: Solid Foundations is https://www.udemy.com/affinityphoto-solid-foundations/ and the course link for Affinity Photo: Raw Image Processing is https://www.udemy.com/affinity-photo-raw-image-development/ 

Thanks,

Drippy Cat

• 2 months later...

Hi all. Just a quick update. After receiving a few requests I've uploaded most of the images I was working on to the course so you can download them and work on the same images in the videos. Please note that this is for over 90% of the images but not all. The reason is that I sought permission of the people in the images for use as part of a tutorial, not to disseminate the pictures themselves. In 90%+ of the images that was not a problem. In some cases where I'm just using an image and talking about something there's really no point. But where I was adjusting something in the picture then the image will 90% likely be there now for you to follow along with.

Cheers,

Drippy Cat