You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey. I have a shape in a document with a specific fill color (bright blue) with noise. In another document, I have a different document i have a shape that I would like to give the same fill color and also add noise. I filled the shape with the exact same color. Everything looks identical. However, as soon as I add noise, the color shifts towards green. Even if I drag the noise slider to zero again, the color shift stays. 

Any ideas? 

I am using Affinity Designer 1.4.1

post-966-0-72429000-1458328362_thumb.png

post-966-0-32607300-1458328364_thumb.png

Hi WalterBeiter. If your 'noise' speckling were the same colour as your bright blue initial colour, you would see no 'noise' at all, just the same bright blue. In your second thumbnail the 'noise' is additional lighter and darker grey pixels which, unless viewed very close up, make the fill look shifted towards green. Try using Digital Colour Meter (Applications > Utilities > DCM) with a single pixel point Aperture to see this happening.

• Staff

No worries, I already have the file. Thank you.

Although i'm not able to replicate the colour shifting yet, something is wrong here, since both shapes share the same colour values (wheel view) but they look quite different.

Changing to other mode (RGB/LAB) the values differ as expected. I'm passing this to the develop team to be looked at.

Thanks for your report and help.

• 1 year later...
  • Staff

Not really, that link is talking about (natural) noise in sound.  The white/pink/brown is descriptive rather a reference to actual colour/chroma.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

22 minutes ago, Ben said:

Not really, that link is talking about (natural) noise in sound.  The white/pink/brown is descriptive rather a reference to actual colour/chroma.

What link do you mean? I don't see any links in this topic besides the ones in MEB's sig. Is this a glitch in the upgraded forum software or something?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

MEB, thanks for the explanation. For now, a lot of things seem glitchy after the forum software update & I just wanted to make sure this was not one of them.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

Yeah - it was spam.  I redacted the link when I made my post, but Miguel was right to remove the post.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB