You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hya

I have a design with some text but when i try to change the size of the full design the letter don't resize, i can't create a outline for now.

i Try resize de full design in select everything and in Weith use /=2

Any other way to change the size? I have searching here on Forum but i don't have find.

• Staff

Hi ferreirex,

[EDIT] If you want to resize the whole document (not just a group of objects), go to menu File ▸ Document Setup..., enter the new dimensions you want (you can also use math operations in the input box, entering /2 after the existing value for example), make sure the padlock icon is locked to keep the design proportions and make sure Rescale in pressed in Objects will section. This will ensure all objects will be scaled no matter their type.

If you don't want to rescale the whole document and the text object is part of a group it's probably because the text was created with the Frame Text Tool. To resize the group of objects including the text you must use the extra bounding box handle on the bottom right of the bounding box.

• Staff

Hi ferreirex

I'm referring to using the additional handle of the group's bounding box to scale the text with the rest of the elements (see attached screenshot).

If you use the Transform panel to rescale a group of objects with a Frame text object included, it will reflow the text instead of scaling it.

post-59-0-68924200-1458676207_thumb.png

Ohh thank you very much... :) :) :)

Isn't show me that dot because i have selected the Group not the layers inside the group.

About the lines with stroke, when i change the size with that method the stroke stay the same don't change by the size of the full Group.

• Staff

Hi ferreirex,

My reply to your first post was incomplete.

If you want to resize the whole document (not just a group of objects), go to menu File ▸ Document Setup..., enter the new dimensions you want (you can also use math operations in the input box, entering /2 after the existing value for example), make sure the padlock icon is locked to keep the design proportions and make sure Rescale in pressed in Objects will section. This will ensure all objects will be scaled no matter their type.

To resize a group of objects keeping the scale of text object you have to use the additional handle as i said in my previous post.

To scale the strokes of the objects (without rescaling the whole document as described above) you must first tick the Scale with object box in the Strokes panel or from the context toolbar popup (see screenshot below). You can apply this to several objects at once if you select them all before ticking the box.

post-59-0-05689200-1459189546_thumb.jpg

• 10 months later...

Related to this, is there a way to rescale a document with multiple artboards?

Let's say the artboards are 1024px wide. I want to scale the document so that the artboards are becoming 1200px wide. I mean scaling the content of the arboards at the same time, not just the frame of the artboards. The only option I can see and change in the "Document Setup" is the DPI which has no effect on the artboards size that i'm seeing on the screen.

Thanks.

ePIA4EL.jpg

Related to this, is there a way to rescale a document with multiple artboards?

If there is no text on any of the artboards, or you do not mind readjusting their font size if needed, this seems to work to resize them all at once :

1. Select all the artboards, not their contents (Important!). You will have to do this in the Layers panel or, with the Move tool selected, shift click on the name of each artboard on the canvas. 

2. With the Move tool & all the artboards selected, the Context toolbar should show a "Lock Children" checkbox. Make sure this is unchecked.

3. In the Transform panel, click the chain icon to lock width & height to proportional values.

4. In the width field enter an expression of the form new width divided by old width times w. For example, to scale from 1024 to 1200 px enter "1200/1024*w" (do not add px or the quote marks). Press the Return or Tab key.

• If all went well, everything in each artboard (except text), as well as the artboards themselves, will be rescaled by the new width divided by old width fraction. (This should also work using the height field & h in the expression.) This should work even if the artboards are different sizes, assuming you want everything to be scaled proportionally.

This seems to work even for stroked shapes that not have been set in the Stroke panel to "Scale with object." If anybody can figure out a way to do this that includes scaling text along with everything else, I would love to hear how that is done.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Yes ferreirex, that's right.

Thanks so much R C-R, that worked fine. Indeed having the option to scale or not the text/effects/strokes too would help a lot.

You can let the stroke to scale or not by the size of the text, when push for the bottom where you control the line weight and etc, have the option to resize by size, but I think that options just come when you have something selected.