You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi PixelPest,

Paolo also created some DAUB brushes specifically for Affinity. You can find them in the Brushes panel, in the dropdown on the top (scroll down a little).

He also provided additional brushes you can install yourself in the app. I've compiled them here (brushes section).

No way (yet) to vectorize bitmaps in AD.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

No, I'm not able to Expand the Stroke of the two Daub sets. 

Yep... Vector brushes in Affinity are divided into:

- Solid Brushes

- Textured Intensity Brushes

- Textured Image Brushes

Only the solid ones are pure vectors, and can be expanded.

Textured ones are basically raster strokes mapped along a path.

You got a great flexibility and can change anything in any moment:

• Size/Opacity and distribution alonge stroke
  • Stroke nodes
  • Colour

And can even use a gradient along your stroke (even if it doesn't follow its direction yet).

To have a realistic media representation bitmaps are essential even in vector strokes.

Anyway for "synthetic" effects and solid strokes (or repeating patterns) vectors are very welcome, and I think that sooner or later we will see there features in AD too.

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

• 7 months later...

Hi PixelPest,

Paolo also created some DAUB brushes specifically for Affinity. You can find them in the Brushes panel, in the dropdown on the top (scroll down a little).

He also provided additional brushes you can install yourself in the app. I've compiled them here (brushes section).

The link for the DAUB Vector Set Vol 1 (Affinity Review iBook Issue #1, page 73) no longer works. I presume the iBook is no longer available. But now the link to get the Vector Set Vol 1 is gone. Could that link be put somewhere?

Thanks...

The link for the DAUB Vector Set Vol 1 (Affinity Review iBook Issue #1, page 73) no longer works. I presume the iBook is no longer available. But now the link to get the Vector Set Vol 1 is gone. Could that link be put somewhere?

Thanks...

Yes, strange, on this page...

http://www.miguelboto.com/affinity/resources/

The Volume 1 Vector brushes link takes you to this page now:

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/designer/workbook/

Maybe a little hijacking going on??   :P

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop