You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I'm new here and with AD and AP, I'm quite enjoying it. Now I'm working on a card deck design as you can see here: https://www.behance.net/wip/1735405 and I love the snapping features of AD. There are some issues I'm experiencing that need to be solved.

• I use an Apple Magic Mouse 2 and every time I click+command I get a duplicated layer, I don't need this behavior when I'm trying to just get to a grouped layer. Also the canvas pans and objects moves.
  • Objects with same global colors are inconsistent as you can see the attached image. The red blue and yellow in this affinity design file should be the same as they have the same global color. Note that some times when I copy and paste an object to a new artboard the color changes.
  • Any way to duplicate an artboard with it's guidelines?
  • Is there a live mirror feature? very useful to design the King, Queen and Jack.

I really need to be able to trust AD as I can't send this to print with this problems. Thanks in advance!

Ale

post-27144-0-63986200-1458211089_thumb.png

Personally, I think the Magic Mouse 2 is one of the worst input device choices for any app, & maybe the absolute worst for Affinity. That's because at least for me, it is much too easy to move my finger just enough during a click for that to be interpreted as a gesture plus a click, which causes things like whatever I'm trying to click on to move out from under the pointer before the click is registered.

I suspect that if you switch to some other input device you will have fewer of these issues, particularly with the canvas or objects moving when you don't want them to. If not, at least turning off the option to rotate the canvas in Preferences > Tools may help, as might turning off the zoom with scroll wheel one and/or trying different combinations in System Preferences for the MM 2.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7