You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

ADD feature freezing up when trying to combine

I thought that might be the case too but when I do the same technique with a small section, maybe one or two stroke pieces, it works fine. It makes me think there is something else going on.

Another technique I use is to erase the section of the overlapping stroke (I actually prefer this method) but it pixelates the result. It must rasterize when I export to PDF. It's funny because when I do this in AI, or even Autodesk Graphic (formerly iDraw), it does not. Any ideas on how to use the erase tool and not have the resulting PDF rasterize or pixelate? 

I can´t get it to work with the smallest chunk of parts - except I select them one-by-one - because I noticed when I use "Divide" the count of parts goes up dramatically as you can see in the screenshot:

It tells it generated 49 pieces but I have just 17 as the result. The other 32 are just loose invisible points listed in the browser.

Konglomerat.jpg

Cheers

P.

PS: as a new member to this forum I´m not allowed to reply anymore for today.

• Staff

Hi ChrisP,

No. The Erase Brush Tool in Designer (Pixel Persona) creates a raster mask to "delete" the vector objects. It doesn't change the vector geometry in any way.

Currently there's no vector eraser tool in Draw Persona.

Regarding your original issue, we are aware of some issues with boolean operations when dealing with a large number of objects or vector textures. There's still some work/improvements to do here but it's something that takes considerable time and testing to get it working flawlessly. The best advise i can give you in those situations is to perform the boolean operation in phases. Don't add all objects at once in one go. Hopefully it will get better as development progresses.