You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Duck Crossing photo for calendar

dvoth

Very nice! 

Did you use some sort of template for the calendar part, or did you type in the days and numbers "from scratch"?

- Affinity Photo 2.3.0
- Affinity Designer 2.3.0
-Affinity Publisher 2.3.0

MacBook Pro 16 GB
MacOS Sonoma 14.1.2

I did most of it entering the numbers by hand, though at the beginning I recall using Apple Numbers. Numbers has a template for calendars. I had to adjust things for size and formatting. After that I could copy a group of layers with the layout for the month and the semi-transparent layer into other images and edit the dates for each month.

David Voth

Affinity Photo, Designer and Publisher ver. 2: macOS Sonoma and iPadOS 17

I have a question do any of the programs allow something for entering text in a table like structure for something like my calendar? I didn't see anything in Photo, does Designer or would this be something more likely in the upcoming Publisher program?

David Voth

• 9 months later...

Can you help me to find the option in Affinity Photo or Designer to create the monthly calendar (month, days, 1,2,3,4.....)

I'm fairly certain there isn't a specific "calendar" tool. The calendars were likely made just using the text tool. If i had the Affinity software installed at work, I'd play around and figure out a way to create something like this. I don't recall if there is a table tool either, as that could be another option for creating a calendar. 

If it were me, I'd probably create individual text boxes for each day of the week, each date, etc. so that I could use the alignment tools to get everything centered in columns and rows.

I couldn't find a tutorial specifically about how to use the alignment tools in my quick scan of the videos, but this video will give you an idea of where to find them. https://vimeo.com/channels/affinitydesigner/126107008

Alternatively, you could just use the snapping option to align things. Tutorial here: https://vimeo.com/112380892

If anyone else has any suggestions or corrections to my advice, feel free to chime in. 

Pastor_Carlos

I entered the text into a frame text tool in Affinity Photo to create my calendar. I mention above a bit of the process. Once I had something that worked I could use the calendar portion as a template to copy to new images and modify for the other months. pxls2prnt suggestion of using individual text boxes sounds good to get numbers lined up in a tabular format.

David Voth

• 2 weeks later...