You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adobe Photoshop & InDesign Alternatives

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As I understand it from previous beta releases, all registered users of Affinity products will be able to download and install a Customer beta.

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

On 10/15/2017 at 1:48 PM, MEB said:

Hi Peter,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Thanks for your words and support. Affinity Publisher is still under development. We were a little optimistic regarding its release date and due to some adjustments to our plans (Photo and Designer for iPad), Light UI interface and other non-planned additions to Photo and Designer it end up delayed a little more. There's still no eta but it's progressing well. We will announce it here in the forums and on social media as soon as the Beta becomes available.

The biggest problem here is: there is no Adobe license only for the inDesign; you have to pay for Illustrator, Photoshop and inDesign package. We are wating for Publisher to jump for Affinity. Without the Publisher, for many creatives, your platform is useless.

5 hours ago, camisa florida said:

The biggest problem here is: there is no Adobe license only for the inDesign; you have to pay for Illustrator, Photoshop and inDesign package. We are wating for Publisher to jump for Affinity. Without the Publisher, for many creatives, your platform is useless.

And for many others, is great, already.  :P

Plus you can always combine any existing publishing app with the current Affinity apps. Please, ppl, start seeing the half full bottle, not the half empty one... (better to build than destroy, etc... ;)

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

• Staff

Hi camisa florida,

Remember this is just the first version - I think some people are expecting way to much from Publisher 1.0 -. It can't simply replace/cover all features that programs with decades of development currently offer. Serif does have experience with DTP software but it will take some time until the software matures to a point where it can be used for most types of projects.

On 4/11/2017 at 2:01 AM, Canuck said:

AssGraduate.jpg

It is hurting me to see those without some drop shadow in the hat's bottom borders, and some levels correction after import...

Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

36 minutes ago, SrPx said:

It is hurting me to see those without some drop shadow in the hat's bottom borders, and some levels correction after import...

So are you saying you are mortarfied by this, or perhaps just that it is a pain in the ass.png.1bb2e2e3a374b6ab007fb99f91d7f91a.png ?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

oohh.... so, ass (yeh, I know what other meanings has :P ) is donkey in British informal... had to google it, suspected sth in the thoughtful and illustrated posts a bit above.... This spaniard has his limits.... :P

Any copy & pasted image without some integration with the background (ie, shadows that it projects, gamma/levels/color integration, etc... is a PITA......  :D  ...for me to see, at least. Even in a joke....Now is when someone posts "what joke? :o ")

• 3 weeks later...

--edited--- nevermind, wrong post.  :)

• 3 months later...

All of us have been so completely satisfied with the excellent functionality and the perfect job you all have done producing  Affinity Photo and Designer that we are all anticipating the Beta Release of Affinity Publisher. For heaven sakes, don't be rushing a precious program just because we are all bitting at the bit for it. The Outstanding Job everyone has been doing at Serif is what it's all about, it shows up in all that you do and all that we say and do. While I was in the manufacturing industry now retired, we use to have this slogan: Measure Twice, Cut Once, that cliche' still resonates in my memory. The Street Rap is the all-important feedback you'll be receiving once the finished product is introduced to the public. Everyone who has been loyal to Serif knows there will be upgrades to the products when they are ready. That is a priceless benefit to us patriotic users. Measure Twice, Cut Once is the reminder I leave you with today. May the blessings be...and have a productive day!

Thank you all for maintaining the highest bar in the perfection of A-Design, A-Photo and soon to be ready for beta release A-Publisher. 

Best regards,

Donald

Edited by Donald
I forgot the salutation at the end of the message.

If the language barrier allowed me to understand it well...I'd say I fully agree with the above lines.

On 10/10/2017 at 4:52 PM, MEB said:

Hi Jens,

That was the original plan at the time (that post is from March). Since then we have been avoiding giving any timeframes so please don't take it for granted. Currently there's no eta defined. It will be out as soon as it's ready. Sorry the trouble.

Hi! Something has changed, after that video that shows Publisher working? It's been years since the first announcement of Publisher's launch, and we continue to wait. We are trying to give up Adobe, but without Publisher, Designer it's almost useless for those who work making books, magazines, for example. Any new date to share with us? Thnx

• Staff

Hi camisa florida,

No, no news. The Public Beta will be available this Summer (Northern Hemisphere) as announced in that thread. Note however that the initial version will not include/cover all functionality offered by other programs currently on the market for several years. Please refer to the linked thread for additional details and questions posted by other users.

Subject: Don't miss out on future updates to Affinity apps

... we have a free public beta of Affinity Publisher planned

so, just got this in your mailshot today. any more specific info about when?

Patience is a superpower. Is not as if the beta had been announced to be released in 5 years... ;)