You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The grid size & ruler show 1" but the zoom slider shows 30%

I am confused regarding the scale shown on the screen and the zoom slider.  After resizing my bird image (5:1) I selected "show ruler" and "grid" and adjusted the zoom until 1" on the ruler and the grid were exactly 1" on the screen.  At this point I assumed that the zoom slider would both show 100%, nope the zoom slider showed only 30%.  Adjusting the zoom slider to 100% resulted in showing a grid marked 1" as measuring 1.625".  Which dimension should I trust?  This has serious implication when trying to predict print image quality; at 1" equals 1" the quality of the image is amazingly good but at 100% zoom the image is noisy and some of the resampled pixels were less than sharp.

BTW, the new Topaz Labs DeNoise 6 plug-in works beautifully with Affinity Photo.

I'm not sure what you mean by "exactly 1" on the screen" or how you have set up the grid, but the on-screen display size has no direct relation to the image size since that will depend on the document preference setting for the document's "actual size," the pixel pitch of your monitor, & the dpi setting you have chosen.

Maybe a screen shot would help clarify things?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7