You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

i found this tutorial for technicolor emulation

and it is great !

BUT, i import my own R G B "strips" the narrator  speaks about .. ( its just panchromatic film that is R G B filtered )

what i typically do is copy each imported file and drop them into their color channels.

with AP there are extra layers / channels when i go into channels,

would i paste my self made color strips ( R G B ) into the pixel layers or the channel layers ?

( i've done both and neither worked )

in other words, in the tutorial, the narrator makes his own color "strips" by making 3 pixel layers, and 

going into each color channel and removing the other colors, and adding CMY values ...

since i already have the stripped images ( b/w film exposed with  R G B filters  ) 

i dont' need to do those extra steps .. there is no CMYK involved

any how i might i drop my files ?

thanks !

john

do you mean you have three black and white pictures you want to "assemble" to compose a color image?

it looks like loading them into three pixel layers, applying the right recolour adjustment to each of them and (optionally) lowering the exposure of every single layer sould allow to build a colour image.

take care,

stefano

Hi jnanian,

i think i have found a way to do what you want.

First open all your three B/W files in one AP-file.

Now you will need to create from each B/W layer an Spare Channel (right-click in "Channels" on "Pixel Red/Green/Blue").

When done create a new layer and fill it white, when this layer is selected load your created Spare Channel for the red/green/blue in the "Pixel Red/Green/Blue".

I hope it helps.

greetings from germany

Genji_Kell and barninga:

thank you for your help in figuring this out for me.  unfortunately,

my innitial posts to this forum seemed like they didn't appear for 

a few days, so my trial period ended before i was able to see if i could get it 

to work for what i needed it for, oh well  ....  so while i appreciate you posting this information 

for me, i can't use it, but am sure if someone else is doing tri chrome photography and is hoping trying to figuring

things out before plonking the $$ down to purchase the app, this will be helpful to them.  

cheers!