You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, sorry for my english but i'm Italian  :)
I have a Problem.... i'm an Illustrator user and now i want switch to affinity designer... I have a plotter and in illustrator i create a file and the line for the cutting (I just have to rename the cutting line)
I post the screen of the process

In the 3 image you can see that the name is FXCUT.... how can i do the same thing?

post-28424-0-68935600-1457946449_thumb.png

post-28424-0-93107600-1457946471_thumb.png

post-28424-0-43483400-1457946486_thumb.png

That is an easy one. Let me do it…

Okay, I use the german version, but steps are similar. 

1. Create a color named FXCUT in the color palette. (Something italian like "global color"). In the lower part of the color window you notice 2 options, one is spot color, and one is overprint. Check both.
  2. And then attach the color FXCUT to your stroke.

​Basta.

That is an easy one. Let me do it…

Okay, I use the german version, but steps are similar. 

1. Create a color named FXCUT in the color palette. (Something italian like "global color"). In the lower part of the color window you notice 2 options, one is spot color, and one is overprint. Check both.
  2. And then attach the color FXCUT to your stroke.

​Basta.

Thanks for the answer but i can't resolve the issue...I post the screenshot of the procedure....

I want that the rectangle is the cutting line.... but the plotter don't recognize it!

post-28424-0-10416300-1457966788_thumb.png

post-28424-0-57149600-1457966797_thumb.png

Yes, I see: you didn't use a stroke size (commonly 0.3pt) with the FXCUT color. I'd put it like the attached file. Notice that I let the rectangle be filled completely gray whereas the cutting line has only stroke, no fill. This enables the printer to have enough printed image and still be able to cut along the desired circle.

cuttingline example.afdesign

Yes, I see: you didn't use a stroke size (commonly 0.3pt) with the FXCUT color. I'd put it like the attached file. Notice that I let the rectangle be filled completely gray whereas the cutting line has only stroke, no fill. This enables the printer to have enough printed image and still be able to cut along the desired circle.

thanks for the support, but the plotter don't recognize the cutting line... this is the procedure for adobe 

http://eclabels.com/ec-digital-setup.pdf

i can't do the same thing with affinity :(

I'm not sure you can't do this with AD.

I did not know step 10: "Make sure the fill of the object is set to the FXCUT Swatch and the outline is transparent." So what I sketched was only semi-correct. You should switch fill and stroke color of my template, so it appears filled with no stroke and then readjust the object as last in the layer (everything else should lie over this item). Then export as EPS and re-import into your printer's software. Good luck!

I'm not sure you can't do this with AD.

I did not know step 10: "Make sure the fill of the object is set to the FXCUT Swatch and the outline is transparent." So what I sketched was only semi-correct. You should switch fill and stroke color of my template, so it appears filled with no stroke and then readjust the object as last in the layer (everything else should lie over this item). Then export as EPS and re-import into your printer's software. Good luck!

Thanks for the support but i think it's impossible that an easy thing as this can not be done... I can't find a solution (maybe i can't move whit the software). Can i open a new post and maybe an other member can help me?