You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD: BIGGER problem with exporting text II

Guest northstar

Hello,

I have some big trouble with AD. Maybe you can help me.

1. I click on the text and then convert right mouse button in curves. However, it is not converted. I need to double-click, select the text manual and then convert it into curves.

2. When exporting, the text, it will be cut a little. Especally if I transform it into curves before exporting.

3. To edit text I often have to make a lot of clicks to make it editable. Not only double-click.  That makes me mad :)))

4. If I export with 300 dpi and then insert it into a Word or Pages document, the text is to big. But that was not the case with Adobe Illustrator. Since I was able to export at 300dpi and if I have then the PDF (such as a stamp) in a Word or Pages document inserted, it fit perfectly and was sharp at the print. But not if I did it with AD.

If I export from Affinity Designer with 72 DPI and then insert in Word or Pages, it is totally out of focus after printing. And that's completely illogical I think, because it's a vector file.

But sometimes not. Depending on how Affinity just feel like it seems. I just exported still 2-3 times the text with 72 DPI and he is again still far to great. When I go in, in the exported file, has suddenly 300 dpi. And if not it will be very unsharp if I print.

5. If i make text 60% transparent it will be get 100% by exporting and is to dark. Why that?

Can you help me?

The original file I have attached. Also screenshots from the problem. And the file from the I exported.

I do not want to export more than the text then the correct size has when I insert it into a Word or Pages document. Without that it is much to large, cut off, or out of focus in pressure. In Illustrator that was not an issue, because I've done so as I always do and done it easy. At Affinity it will not work for me :/

g
northstar

I'm just guessing but I suspect you are using the "PDF (flatten)" preset in AD, or a custom export setting that will rasterize everything. (It may be easier to see that if you click the "More" button in the export dialog & look for the line near the top that says "Rasterize:" followed by one of three popup choices: Nothing, Unsupported properties, or Everything.)

If "Everything" is selected then your vector shapes will be converted to a rasterized bitmap image at whatever dpi you set, producing the stair-step, fuzzy looking image shown in your last screen shot. Using one of the other presets like "PDF (for export)" or anything that does not set "Rasterize:" to "Everything" should get you what you want.

In fact, since everything in your file can be exported to the PDF as a vector, the "Nothing" setting should be fine.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Guest northstar

Hallo RCR,

@PDF preset

I know the export setting and understand it i did it to rasterize = "nothing" but it happens neverless. I am not a beginner used Illustrator and Photoshop more than 5 years :/

I am not a pro, but the standards I know. (I think :)

thats crazy :(

Guest northstar

Found a way!

This was the problem:

If I copy a textblock from the main dokument (300DPI) and insert it as a new dokument, AD konvert it automatically to 96DPI.

thx for helping

northstar

This was the problem:

If I copy a textblock from the main dokument (300DPI) and insert it as a new dokument, AD konvert it automatically to 96DPI.

If you use the "New From Clipboard" method to create a new document, it will default to 96 dpi, but if you create a new empty document at the desired dpi & then paste the copied text block into it, it will use the document's dpi setting.

When you export an AD document to a pdf, the default dpi will depend on the PDF export preset and/or any custom settings you make. For example, the "PDF (for export)" & "PDF (flatten) presets default to using the document's dpi setting but the "PDF (for print)" defaults to 300 dpi. "PDF (for web)" defaults to 72 dpi.

In the export dialog, for the presets that default to using the document's dpi setting, the "Raster DPI:" entry will be blank, which is probably why you did not notice it was exporting at 96 dpi (if you used the "New From Clipboard" method). The "More" dialog would have made that a little more obvious, but regardless you can set the dpi to anything you want in the PDF export dialog using the "Raster DPI:" entry.

However, regardless of all that the PDF export should have been composed only of vectors unless the "Rasterize:" setting in the "More" dialog was set to "Everything."

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7