You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Please forgive me this question here in the forum, because it's a little bit off topic here.

Is  WebPlus X8 (or successor) planned for Mac?

Will purchase immediately...  :rolleyes:  :blink:

Roland Rick

Roland Rick Photography
Pipobike Mountainbike Guide and Driving Instructor

iMac 27 5K Retina (Late 2013), MBP 15" Retina (Something 2013), MBP13" Retina (Early 2015)

Hi MEB, thanks for reply.

Before I install Parallels (iMac 27" 5K, 1 TB SSD, 16 GB RAM, M395X 4GB):

- how performant will it run under Windows 7 (32 bit) emulation?

- Is WebPlus X8 about to be discontinued or not?

CU, Roland

Roland Rick

Roland Rick Photography

iMac 27 5K Retina (Late 2013), MBP 15" Retina (Something 2013), MBP13" Retina (Early 2015)

Sad to hear, that Serif will discontinue also the Windows version of WebPlus (if I understood you correctly).

I yet found no other homepage editor offering such a overwhelming list of functions at an incredible competitive price like shown here http://www.serif.com/webplus/x8/overview/at bottom of page (comparison list).

Unfortunately I heard for the first time about Serif due to the Affinity product line in AppStore. If I only knew earlier (long time ago: I once was also PC user), I would have been a WebPlus customer since years.

Best regards, Roland

Roland Rick

Roland Rick Photography

Sad to hear, that Serif will discontinue also the Windows version of WebPlus (if I understood you correctly).

Unfortunately I heard for the first time about Serif due to the Affinity product line in AppStore. If I only knew earlier (long time ago: I once was also PC user), I would have been a WebPlus customer since years.

Best regards, Roland

Annoyed as I was so impressed with Affinity Photo and just bought Webplus, just to learn here it is about to be canned. Foolishly I was looking out for the next upgrade. WHY stop development on an excellent product? Especially since it can work in tandem with the soon to be released Windows versions of Affinity Photo.

Did I waste my hard earned money on a shelved software product?

• Staff

Hi Zestoholic,

As long as you bought the software for what it offered you in its current form, then 'no', you didn't waste any money at all - nobody is taking that software away from you or saying it won't continue to run. It is still the thing that you bought. If you were buying it for what it may become, then that is a risk as it is for anything in life and this time I can confirm to you that there will not be a future version of the product. If you are unhappy with this and the software won't be of use to you now, take Serif up on their money-back offer and return it, that's what the service is there for :)

Thanks! :)

Matt