You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Working Color Management, non existent in Affinity Photo...flawed ! ! !

Sad to say, color management fails! ! ! ! 

Kind people at Serif,  please, please, correct your color management.   You, Serif, knew about this over one year ago, and have not addressed the issue.   No wonder I was having so much trouble and being told I asked too many questions.  Serif is the problem, not me, David.

I trusted Apple and their promoting AP.   I purchased without knowing, you, Serif, had a known flaw in the AP.

At this point, AP is truly worthless to me ! ! ! ! ! ! 

Advertising can sure miss lead me.  And others.

Can you, Serif, tell me what good your AP is without proper color management? 

Kind Regards,

David

Posts from other AP users:

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:25 AM

I appreciate the profile settings in the preferences for the different color modes (RGB, CMYK, Greyscale, Lab), but i'm at odds with how color magement is implemented. When choosing sRGB, images with ProPhoto profile are rendered with wrong, oversaturated colors whereas sRGB profile images are displayed correctly and vice versa ( undersaturated colors for sRGB images) when choosing ProPhoto as default profile. So color management doesn't seems to work as it should ! 

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:02 PM

I can confirm this.

ColorSync Utilities’ Color Calculator shows that ProPhoto RGB 0-255-0 corresponds to 0-255-0 in my display profile, whereas sRGB 0-255-0 corresponds to 91-255-14 in my display profile.

When I open a test TIFF image (16 bit, monochrome green ProPhoto RGB 0-255-0), Affinity Photo correctly says (in the upper left) that the image is “RGBA/16 ProPhoto RGB”. The green color, however, is displayed as 91-255-14 on my display (as DigitalColor Meter reveals). In other words, the color conversion to the display is sRGB displayColorSpace, not ProPhoto RGB displayColorSpace, as it should be. 

•  
  • Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:31 PM
  • I have the same problem. I want to work in ProPhoto, but I'm not able to get accurate colors. Maybe I'm missing something and am just accustomed to using PS for years. I'd assume I'd be able to figure it out though.  
  •  
  • Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:39 PM
  •  
  • This is a serious problem for me
  • My working space for RAW files in PhotoshopCC 2014, Lightroom 5.7, Capture One Pro 8, and Iridient Developer is and will be Prophoto RGB (LR uses Mellissa RGB I believe which is close to Prophoto)
  • Opening any one of my RAW files in all programs except Aiffinity gives correct colors on my calibrated monitor.
  • Affinity gives over saturated images with a strong color cast which can only be corrected by assigning either Apple RGB or sRGB neither of which I want to use.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •