petier

UI bug in PDF/EPS/SVG export option in Designer: Can't alter "Allow JPEG compression", "Quality", etc.

Hi,

I can't seem to select or alter the export settings shown in the attached picture when using the Export Persona. All other settings work fine though. If I use File -> Export instead of the Export Persona I can't do it as well, but I can use the TAB key to reach the settings and alter them and save a new preset as a workaround. Tabbing through the UI fields does not happen in the visual top-to-bottom order. In Export Persona TAB does not work, as it does "Toggle UI".

Does anyone have this problem as well?

I'm on OS X 10.9.5, using Affinity Designer 1.4.1.

Thanks,

Peter

post-28399-0-09236200-1457890143_thumb.png

Hi petier,

Welcome to the Affinity forums :)

In order for you to edit the JPEG compression, you need to make sure the option is checked before getting access. I can see from your screenshot that it isn't checked which will prevent you from editing the value. 

Please tell me if I'm missing something.

I do think tabbing needs looking at as it just doesn't seem to work at all for me.

Hi Chris,

thanks for the fast reply!

In order for you to edit the JPEG compression, you need to make sure the option is checked before getting access. I can see from your screenshot that it isn't checked which will prevent you from editing the value. 

Please tell me if I'm missing something.

Yes, the thing is, that I can't even check it. I can not edit any of the 5 shown elements using the mouse, like they are disabled (but they show enabled, and I can edit them using the "File -> Export" tab-key workaround). Like said, all other elements in the dialog (not shown in the screenshot) work normally.

I do think tabbing needs looking at as it just doesn't seem to work at all for me.

Yeah, it would be nice to have tabbing in the Export Persona dialogs as well!

Thanks, Peter

Hi Peter,

So you can't even click the check box to enable it? That is very strange... Can you try doing a soft reset? You can achieve this by holding down the Ctrl key while opening the app. Along with the three options already checked, can you also check the one for 'Reset File Export Presets' and let me know if that changes anything.

Hi Chris,

no, like said... can't click it, as well as the others. Soft reset didn't help. I use Photo too and just checked: exactly same issues in Photo as well.

I gets stranger: I found I can use the mouse wheel scroll to increase/decrease the "Quality" (if "Allow jpeg compression" is active). Same trick does not work for the DPI field though, but I guess it's a drop-down, not a slider, so the mouse wheel work there anyway.

Peter

Hi Peter,

It looks as though the issue is with your version of OS X. I just tested it on Mavericks and I get the same issue.

I will get this logged with development for you.

Many thanks :)