Hi there

V V V new to editing so sorry if this is an obvious answer.  I have found the inpaint tool (which was tough) and I am using this to select what I need to remove from my picture - when I release the mouse once all highlighted in red - it doesn't remove anything - image stays the same!

I am editing the pixel layer!

What am I doing wrong please?

Many thanks

When you say the pixel layer, I am assuming you mean a separate pixel layer to do the non-destructive inpainting. 

If so, look at the right of your context menu for the inpainting brush, and change this layer only, to this layer & below.

Hi,

I have selected my layer (background pixels) and it unlock. When I select the area I want to inpatient an let go off the mouse it doesn't change anything.

What do you mean by "layer and below" at right? I can't see where to go to that one. I am a brand new user.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, CJ18. :)

What do you mean by "layer and below" at right? I can't see where to go to that one. I am a brand new user.

If you're referring to the advice offered by 'crabtrem', I think he meant the Context toolbar rather than the context (or right-click) menu. If you're working directly on a pixel layer you can use the Inpainting Brush Tool with the default setting, but if you've added a blank layer above the layer containing the source pixels you need to choose the option 'Current layer and below' from the Context toolbar.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.4 (iPad Air 2)