You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

"save for web"

hi

in another image editing software i have been using

there is a single step "save for the web" and it allows

a user to size an image at 72dpi ( for example ) and specific pixel count or inches ( like 8x10 )

and when one "saves for web" it crunches the image down to a very small kb size

with good image quality.  when one does it with affinity photo, it takes a whole bunch of steps

would there be a possiblilty to make a "save for the web" option for saving images ?

it will save a good deal of work for the end user.

thanks !
john

Hi John,

I guess you will find everything you need once you access the export persona mode. I'm pretty sure it has similar features such as you described...

You can access it by clicking on the third button on the top left of Affinity.

Reminous

hi john

i am trying to "save for web" as well - 

hi

in another image editing software i have been using

there is a single step "save for the web" and it allows

a user to size an image at 72dpi ( for example ) and specific pixel count or inches ( like 8x10 )

and when one "saves for web" it crunches the image down to a very small kb size

with good image quality.  when one does it with affinity photo, it takes a whole bunch of steps

would there be a possiblilty to make a "save for the web" option for saving images ?

it will save a good deal of work for the end user.

thanks !
john

• 8 months later...

I, likewise, have been scratching my head over this. Most of our work is web-based, so we used the PS Save for Web an awful lot. While I am sure that the equivalent file can be exported from AP, it would be good to know exactly what steps must be performed to accomplish what happens with PS's Save for Web command. 

Our firm has just been so spoiled using that command, it is holding us back from using AP for most of our photo work for client's web use. Perhaps someone can explain (as asked for above) exactly what steps in AP are needed???? The nice thing about using it in PS is that it didn't affect the original file, just the "saved as" exported file for web use.

Hopefully someone on this forum is familiar with what exactly PS does with that command and can share how to get the same result in AP. Thanks!

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022

• 4 weeks later...

As a starting point go to file>export. Choose your settings.

Click on the "More" tab for more settings and save as a preset.

I would mention that I would rather have the "More" settings appear in the same dropdown

when file>export is selected. Thus eliminating the "More" tab.

Edit: I forgot that what is needed is an automatic setting of 72 ppi. 

Instead of the extra step of document resize.

website

Mac mini (2018)  3.2 GHz Intel Core i7  64 GB • Radeon Pro 580 8 GB • macOS Monterey