You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I just discovered that when I export a PDF from Designer, it creates a "title" of the page which is the file path to where I save it and this is embedded in the PDF. I can get rid of it by opening Acrobat and removing it, but that is cumbersome.

I don't want people seeing this information on publicly distributed PDFs.

I've attached a screen shot of the "Properties" panel in Acrobat which shows the title attached with the PDF when exported from Designer.

post-24055-0-47129500-1457708464_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Staff

Thanks for your help with this change. We resolved the issue for 1.4.2 and made the improvement available in the last release. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Thank you MBd, I have commented on our issue on this

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

So, that linked issue is about PNG metadata and this resolved issue is about PDF filename and filepath, so I still think this issue is solved a while ago, as only the filename is now included.

Do you not agree MBd?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

yeah correct, it´s not about PDF but I thought this was linked to the same or a similar trigger

sadly I can´t check it cause I don´t know how aitte discovered it in first place and I asked him to check again but it seems as if he´s not active anymore

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/19065-affinity-photo-puts-sensitive-data-in-png-output/?p=88461

that was the source thread about the issue (in PNGs)

but if Dandiccf reports it again in July 2016, i guess it is not fixed https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/22961-export-embeds-private-data-in-file-why/?p=107906

Dave Harris response does not seem to be correct as I think the data should not be there even with embedded metadata and that´s also what PS seems to do (I also don´t have PS anymore so can´t check that either) so it´s what most people would expect I guess

hope that makes some sense to you as well  :rolleyes: