Jump to content
You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Print out not turning out like file image


Recommended Posts

Posted this topic before(or replied to a thread of the same topic), but now cannot seem to access the thread, so posting again because I can't recall what the solution was.

 

Basically, I have PDF file that looks like image2, but the printout comes out like IMage1.

Someone had the suggestion, but I can't recall what it was.  Thanks for any help.

 

 

image2.png

image1.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, golfortennis said:

Basically, I have PDF file that looks like image2, but the printout comes out like IMage1.

Are you sure the PDF doesn't look like the top image, and the printout like the bottom image?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

    Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.3, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.3.1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is the PDF color profile CMYK or RGB? 

slice2.png.cb7417e51279952dd5c1adc42860264d.pngpRiNt! mOnKeY! 🖨️🙊
💻Lenovo Legion 5 Pro*, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700H, 2300 Mhz, 14 Core, 32GB DDR5-4800, nVidia RTX 3070 Ti 8GB, Windoze 11 💻
*Sometimes gets used for something other than games.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Upload the PDF, so we can take a look and or the Affinity file. 

 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Brian_J said:

@walt.farrell image1 and image2 are the file names… image2 is the top one in the post.

Yes, that's right.  Sorry, I didn't know it would appear without the file names.

 

6 hours ago, Print Monkey said:

Is the PDF color profile CMYK or RGB? 

I assume using my designer file (ie before I went into Export persona and converted to PDF) is the spot to check, and there I see RGB/8.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, golfortennis said:

Someone had the suggestion, but I can't recall what it was.  Thanks for any help.

If the PDF file looks correct, forget about trying to figure out why direct printing doesn’t work as expected. Simply print the PDF from your default PDF viewer.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.3.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Alfred said:

If the PDF file looks correct, forget about trying to figure out why direct printing doesn’t work as expected. Simply print the PDF from your default PDF viewer.

I am printing from Acrobat.  I have to go through HP Smart and do a custom legal size.  My printer supposedly doesn't print legal but there is a workaround.  There was a setting somewhere. 

What I really don't understand is what happened to the original thread.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Staff
3 hours ago, golfortennis said:

What I really don't understand is what happened to the original thread.   

I can confirm that your original thread was 'hidden' by yourself -  after posting on March 31st at 3:09PM, you edited the post content once at 3:13PM and then re-edited the post at 3:14PM, selecting the 'Hide' option - meaning that no other users (besides moderators) could see this post.

Posts are usually hidden by the original user when the issue has been resolved, or no longer requires a response and therefore the moderation team leave these threads hidden without contacting the OP.

Perhaps enabling the 'hide' option was a mistake during this second edit, if so we are more than willing to restore this thread - however as it had no responses from other users, you have covered most of it's content above already.

I hope this clears things up :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Dan C said:

I can confirm that your original thread was 'hidden' by yourself -  after posting on March 31st at 3:09PM, you edited the post content once at 3:13PM and then re-edited the post at 3:14PM, selecting the 'Hide' option - meaning that no other users (besides moderators) could see this post.

Posts are usually hidden by the original user when the issue has been resolved, or no longer requires a response and therefore the moderation team leave these threads hidden without contacting the OP.

Perhaps enabling the 'hide' option was a mistake during this second edit, if so we are more than willing to restore this thread - however as it had no responses from other users, you have covered most of it's content above already.

I hope this clears things up :)

Perhaps I found the solution during that time.  For some reason I thought I had gotten my answer in that thread, but if there were no other responses, then I guess not.  Thank you for filling me in.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This sounds like more of an HP driver/rip or acrobat issue than an affinity one. The reason I asked about the color profile type was that some drivers don't seem to like things converted from CMYK. If it's RGB/8 and sRGB then that's what most "consumer devices" expect. 

The "Advanced" tab of the acrobat print dialog has some options you might try fiddling with.

Does it print properly if printed directly from Affinity?

slice2.png.cb7417e51279952dd5c1adc42860264d.pngpRiNt! mOnKeY! 🖨️🙊
💻Lenovo Legion 5 Pro*, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700H, 2300 Mhz, 14 Core, 32GB DDR5-4800, nVidia RTX 3070 Ti 8GB, Windoze 11 💻
*Sometimes gets used for something other than games.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.