You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

a fresh new start

d3nt

Hey guys,

although I bought Affinity Designer before I bought Affinity Photo I definitely used the last one more often. 

I think, it is time to change that! :)

I made that polygon fox yesterday. Just one question: With Snapping enabled (especially "snap to shape keypoints" and "snap to object geometry") it worked quite well,

but it took a while until AD recognized that it should snap. Normally I just hover over the object and wait until the object is highlighted in purple (and then it snaps).

Is there a way to force AD to snap right away? Especially when I had to correct lines and corners I tried some things like "selecting corners > horizontal/vertical align", but it didn't
work the way I proposed.

post-28256-0-57634100-1457598544_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi d3nt,

Great work on the shading/details. Thanks for sharing.

Regarding your questions: Affinity Designer is able to snap to up to six objects simultaneously to avoid a profusion of smart guides appearing at the same time (those objects are called snapping candidates). Everytime you want to select an object that's not a snapping candidate you have to mouse over it for a few moments to add it to the snapping candidates list - only then it starts snapping to that object (it also replaces the "first" object in the snapping candidates list). In the case of this particular project all this process can delay things a little - but for most cases it's helpful. Currently there's no way to force it to snap away to all objects immediately. The snapping system is being improved/revised so there may be some news/changes on how all this works.

Currently the Arrange commands don't work with nodes. Only with objects.

Thanks so much.

I prepare these digital works in black/grey/white mostly. Afterwords you can duplicate the image, give all shapes one colour (of the duplicated layer) and set the blend mode to "colour".

It's easier to switch colour, of course, but I think it is easier to add shadows, too. 

Here's the fox one step back.

post-28256-0-87691600-1457695843_thumb.png