Sign in to follow this  
David4

Are you aware of corrupted files by some other RAW converter, or anything else, that would cause the RAW cr2 files to crash the application up

I am finding some cr2 files, when exported crash AP.   I had been working with one set of cr2 files and every one of the at export, crashed the program.  I repeatedly, over and over again applied the procedure to go to the AP icon in launchpad,  checked all markings, deleted them, and still the program crashed.

Finally, I went to another set of cr2 files.   When exporting them, they never crashed.

This might help others with AP crashing.    Some cr2 files have been change by anther program, such as RPP 64, or maybe something else has changed these particular cr2 files.

I am the person that complained some weeks ago, me new workflow program AP was dead in the water.  Remember?

STAFF:  Are you aware of corrupted files by some other RAW converter, or anything else, that would cause the RAW cr2 files to crash the application upon export?

Cheers,

David

Hi David

I've not encountered this but I have also not used many RAW images that have been processed by another app first. It's possible the other apps add some extra metadata r something that is not liked during the export. Would you be able to attach one of the images you are getting this crash with or PM me a link if it is more appropriate for you. So we can see what might be causing this. Also which format are you trying to export to?

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Export with tiff, 16 bit, Lanczos 3 (non-separable).

the cr2 image files are to big to add to this response.

What is PM?   Explain PM you a link.

Now, I also noticed, with the same cr2 image file, it works fine once, then try again, and it crashed AP when I repeat the procedure.

post-26329-0-69433700-1457539146_thumb.png

post-26329-0-73606000-1457539169_thumb.png

post-26329-0-59474100-1457539173_thumb.png

post-26329-0-63786900-1457539175_thumb.png

post-26329-0-65104300-1457539176_thumb.png

Hi David

PM is an abbreviation for private message. If you can upload the file to a service such as dropbox then share the link I should be able to access the file to download it

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com