stash

Feature Request: Right-to-left scripts for fonts such as Arabic or Hebrew

I do a lot of design work for the middle eastern world. I have certain arabic fonts installed on my mac computer. However, the right to left input functionality does not work for the arabic font to make sense. It works in other mac applications such as Pages. This is a super important feature and I would really love for Affiinity Designer to support right-to-left scripts for writing in foreign languages such as Hebrew or Arabic input. This is where the cursor starts on the right side and the font lettering goes left. Please add this, it is super important for my niche!

:rolleyes:  B)

Thanks.

Hello, 

Any updates regarding Arabic/Urdu/Persian or other right to left fonts in new Affinity Builds?  I also need to make a few brochures in Arabic/Urdu fonts. But this this is not added yet as you mentioned. Any idea idea in which version will we get this update..

Thank you

On 12/4/2017 at 11:22 AM, mfarooqi said:

Hello, 

Any updates regarding Arabic/Urdu/Persian or other right to left fonts in new Affinity Builds?  I also need to make a few brochures in Arabic/Urdu fonts. But this this is not added yet as you mentioned. Any idea idea in which version will we get this update..

Thank you

Same inquiry.

Any Update please

On 12/2/2018 at 6:10 AM, eladberger said:

Has this Issue been fix? Is it possible to write from right to left?

Thanks

No, this is a big undertaking and has not been tackled yet, sorry

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.